Regrets

After Genesis found out that Jack was her dad she was thrilled. I was happy for Genesis, she finally has a dad in her life. But I still didn't like or trust Jack, it would probably take me a while to even slightly like him.

"Daddy look at this!" Genesis went into the living room and did one of her acrobatic tricks.

"Good job kiddo." Jack said giving her a high five. He walked over to me.

"How am I doing?" He asked nervously.

"Well she clearly loves you." I pointed to her.

"Really?" He said with a smile.

"Totally." I give him a thumbs up and smile sarcastically.

"Mommy?" Genesis came over to where Jack and I were standing.

"Yes honey?" I look down at her.

"Because Jack is my daddy. Does that mean you are married?"

"No." I say bluntly.

"What she means is," Jack cut in, "Not all mommies and daddies are married." Jack said trying to lift her spirit.

"Will you guys ever get married?" He practically begged.

"No sweetie." I say with a small smile. "But is it okay if I leave you with your daddy for a little bit Genesis?"

"Yes mommy!" She practically yelled.

"Okay. I'll be back around 7?" I ask Jack anxiously.

"That should be fine." He says while I walk towards the door.

"Oh and don't forget to bathe her, I left a bag of her pajamas on the table, don't give her juice only milk and water and not too much sugar-"

"Hey Lacey, don't worry we'll be fine. Right Genesis?" She smiled at him and nodded.

"Okay. Bye sweetie." I give her a kiss. "Oh and Jack?" I motion him to come closer to me.

"Yeah?"

"If you make me regret leaving her here, I'll shave off your eyebrows while your sleeping." I whisper to him and put a fake smile on my face.

"Damn Lacey." He says nervously. I just smile at him and walk out.

I drove home and just watched t.v. and stuffed my face with Chinese food. It was only 6:00pm so I had another hour to pick up Genesis. I got really bored so I decide to text Sam.

Me: Hey

Sam: Sup Laceeeyyyyyy?

Me: Just bored.

Sam: WeLl ThAt soundss fUNNN

Me: omg how drunk are you?

Sam: Yes very

I just ignored his text and throw my phone on my couch full of frustration. The last time I got drunk was when I was a sophomore. 10th grade and I was 16. Then I got pregnant. So since then I haven't even looked at an alcoholic beverage. I refuse to drink or do any form of drug.

I decided to call Jack just to see how he was doing. I dialled his number. It just rang. No answer. I waited a couple minutes and called again. Still no answer. I started to get a little nervous so I called Johnson.

"Sup baby girl." I heard him slur into the phone. Obviously intoxicated.

"Johnson?" I ask full of confusion.

"Lacey? Look I'm pretty busy right now." I heard blasting music in the background and people laughing.

"What's that noise?" I slightly raise my voice.

"I gotta go the oceans calling!" He said quickly and hung up. Well he was no help. Both him and Sammy were drunk. But why was there music in the background? I thought he was with Gilinsky? And why isn't Gilinsky answering his phone? Oh my gosh. I quickly put on some decent clothes and speed over to the Jacks place. As I suspected there was a freaking party going on. I am SO going to kill Gilinsky. I stormed in there extremely pissed off. I look over and see Nash I speed over to him and tap on him.

"Where the hell is Gilinsky?" I ask extremely irritated.

"In the kitchen, why?" He asked following me into the kitchen.

"He's supposed to be watching Genesis!" I yell.

"Oh damn! Sorry Lacey, I didn't even know she was here. I didn't see her."

"It's fine Nash." I say while looking for Jack. I look over and see Sam smoking from the bong I remember telling Jack G to put away.

"Hey Lacey you made it!" He walked said to me extremely drunk and threw his arms around me. I'm not in the mood.

"GET off me. NOW." I scream and see Jack G with Genesis next to him crying.

I storm over to him he was taking fucking shots with a bunch of people surrounding him! And not one person noticed the little girl bawling her eyes out. I walk over and grab Genesis. Gilinsky looked over and noticed me and quickly threw the shot to the ground.

"Is this what you call 'wanting to be in your daughter's life'?" I scream. I walk out with Genesis in my arms. I heard footsteps behind me.

"Lacey. Lacey slow down let me explain." He said with a smirk on his face.

"There's nothing for you to explain to me. You're drunk." I yell.

"Just tipsy." He joked.

"Do you think this is funny? I can't believe I ever trusted you." I strap Genesis into her car seat. "Don't cry Genesis. He's not worth your damn tears." I say extremely pissed off.

"She's two don't say it to her like that." Gilinsky tried to calm me down which was ridiculous.

"You shouldn't be fucking talking!" I scream. "YOU drank shots in front of my daughter!"

"Look I'm not perfect-"

"NO ONE IS PERFECT JACK! I KNOW YOU'RE AN ASS BUT I DIDN'T THINK YOU COULD BE SO STUPID!" I scream from the top of my lungs.

"CAN YOU LET ME EXPLAIN?!" He screamed back.

"THERE'S NOTHING TO EXPLAIN. I ALREADY SAW YOU." I yelled even louder. I heard Genesis start to cry.

"You're making her cry! You're crazy!" He said to me in a lower tone. I walked closer to him and felt my hand hit across his face. He just stood there with a blank expression.

"You have the nerve Jack. Do me a favor, stay out of my life and the the hell out of my daughter's." And with that I got in my car and sped away.