Barbeque

While we were driving home, Genesis kept talking about what her and Skylynn were playing. I was half listening.

"That's cool sweetie." I say with a fake smile. I'm still trying to get over the fact that I saw Jack. It's been two years, I thought he'd at least change a bit. But nope, he's still an asshole.

"What's for dinner mommy?"

"You just had ice cream. Wait a few hours." I say while turning into the parking lot to our apartment.

We went inside and I helped Genesis get changed for dance. Believe it or not but she's a pretty good acrobatic dancer. Her dance teacher claims it was a 'gift'. For a two year old she was pulling tricks that not many two year olds can do. It was very impressive.

We walked in the dance studio and I greeted the teacher.

"Hi Abby." I say with a smile on my face.

"Hi how are you?" She said while sketching costumes.

"Is it okay if I drop her off for tonight and pick her up later at 5? I have a lot of catching up to do." I slightly lie.

"That's fine." She said.

"Okay thank you. Bye sweetie." I give Genesis a small kiss and leave. I didn't really have any catching up, I just needed a break. Working, going to school and being a mom all at the same time is very frustrating. Especially when you're doing most of it on your own.

I decided to go to the store and pick up something for dinner. I felt my phone ring, it was Nash.

"Hello?" I mumble.

"Lacey?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you busy right now?" He asked quickly.

"Sort of, why?" I say while walking down the ice cream aisle.

"Well, I was just wondering if you and Genesis would like to come over for a small barbecue. The other guys didn't really get to meet you properly earlier today...and Skylynn would be bored." I hesitated for a second.

"Um..." I start off saying.

"Gilinsky isn't going to be here. He has a recording at the studio with Nate and Johnson." I felt relieved and took a deep breathe. It's like Nash read my mind.

"Yeah sure. What time though because Genesis is in dance right now." I say while grabbing some cookie mix off of a shelf.

"Is 6 too late?"

"Well Genesis's bedtime is supposed to be at 7:30. But she eventually falls asleep at like 10. So yeah that'd be fine." I giggle.

"Great. See you la- what man?" He was cut off by someone in the background. "No I'm not gonna say that you weirdo." I heard Nash argue with someone.

"Um Nash?" I say while laughing.

"Sorry that was Sammy being an idiot. He says 'Hi beautiful'." I blush to myself and giggle.

"Tell him I said hey Sammy." I laugh.

"Okay. See ya." I just laughed to myself and hung up.

I went home and baked cookies to bring over to Nash's house. After that I showered and got dressed. Not too fancy but not too casual. I put on some light pink lipstick and winged eyeliner. I put my hair in a French braid. I sat on my couch and looked at the clock. It only said 4:03 and I had to pick up Genesis at 5. To kill time I decided to call my mom.

The phone rang once and she immediately picked up, "Hi sweetie!"

"Hey mom." I say while sighing.