Fear

"I'm all ears." I tell Gilinsky as he starts to tell me about Sam.
"Sam moved to Omaha when he was like 12. He went from one foster home to the next and none of them seemed to work out for him. He moved across the street from me and my parents felt pity for him and made me become his friend, that's pretty much how we're so close now. But anyway, his dad was a douche and his mom was just mental. He has anger issues and an addictive personality. Sam gets what Sam wants, no matter what he had to do. It's always been that way. But sometimes it got dangerous." Jack took a deep breath.
"Keep going!" I demanded.
"Are you sure? It's um, kind of intense." Gilinsky hesitated.
"Just keep it going Jack." I say impatiently.
"Okay...so when we were about 13 Sam really liked this girl and they started 'dating'. But he was l Iike...obsessed with her. Like it was scary. It got to the point where she had to switch schools and get a restraining order."
"What did he do that was so scary?" I ask.
"She could only talk to him and she had to drop all of her friends just to keep him happy. One time she talked to a guy and Sam practically snapped the dude's neck." Gilinsky seemed scared just talking about it.
"That's crazy." I say while taking a deep breathe.
"He's just afraid of being alone. He's been abandoned throughout his whole entire life." Gilinsky said while staring into my worried eyes.
"Oh." is all I could say.
"I know you're shocked...but you can't tell Sam I told you anything."
"Why? Does he scare you?"
"No...it's just...he only wants certain people to know." He said while taking a sip of his water.
"Well what am I gonna do? He likes me. And he can be dangerous. I have to break up with him...but how?"
"You're making it seem like he's some kind of killer. He won't hurt you physically or anything. I doubt it." Gilinsky said while rolling his eyes. I felt my body tense up because he was wrong. Sam did hurt me. It wasn't intentional...but if it was then he did a good job acting like it was a mistake.
"Lacey? You zoned out." Jack said while leaning closer to me.
I just shook my head and tried to change the topic. "It's nothing. Do you want something you drink?" I say while getting up towards the kitchen, but Jack held onto my arm. "Lacey tell me."
"OW are you fucking mental?!" I scream. Jack grabbed onto my bruise. I immediately dropped to my floor wincing in pain.
"LACEY? What's wrong?" Jack came towards me and rolled up my sleeve.
My wrist was all black and blue.
"What the hell?" He says under his breathe.
"Don't touch me. It hurts." I whine.
"How did you get this? Did Tiana hit you that hard?"
I just sat there in silence.
"Lacey. Answer me."
I took a deep breathe, "Sam got mad at me and-"
"Sam?! I'm gonna beat his ass!"
"No Jack! Don't worry about it seriously." I practically chased him out the door.
"I am gonna worry about it." He stormed off into his car and sped away.