Where is She?

I couldn't stop crying. I was having a panic attack.

"I should've never came. It's all my fault! What kind of mother am I?!" I said shaking my head.

"Don't say that. You're a good mother." Sam said trying to comfort me. Nash walked back in with a phone in his hand.

"Did you call the police yet?" I stood up.

"I did. And they said they can't consider her missing because it hasn't been 24 hours." He said with an unsure look on his face.

"That's ridiculous. I'm going out there." I walked over to the door.

"No no no." Sam came over to me.

"What do you mean no? That's my daughter out there!" I yell.

"It's dark. And dangerous." Sam said trying to bring me back inside.

"I don't care. Don't you want to find her?!" I yelled.

"I'll go with you." Sam suggested.

"Okay lets go." I sped over to my car and started the engine.

"Wait!" I hear another voice shout. I get out of the car and see Gilinsky running over.

"I'm not in the mood for one of your little smart ass remarks." I snap at him.

"I want to come." He said in a demanding way.

"Hop in." I say and quickly start to drive down the street.

"I hope she isn't hurt." I say while holding back my tears.

"I don't think you should be driving." Sam said. "Come on, go in the back with Gilinsky it's not safe for you right now. I'll drive." I didn't even argue I quickly got in the back.

"She'll be fine." Gilinsky said looking at me with sympathy.

"Thanks." I say bluntly to him. "Oh my god." I slightly yell.

"What?!" Gilinsky said.

"G-Genesis's doll. That's her doll in front of that house!" I say pointing.

"Stay in here, Gilinsky call the police." Sam said.

"No. I'm going." I tell him and run out of the car.

I run up to the door and bang on it hard. Some guy opened the door.

"Yeah?" He said me rudely.

I pushed him hard out of the way, "Genesis?! Genesis where are you baby?!" I yelled.

"Hey!" the guy yelled and grabbed me.

"Let go of me!" I screamed and elbowed him in the stomach and ran.

"MOMMY!" I heard Genesis scream.

"Oh my god Genesis where are you?!" I yelled and ran to the closest room I found. I opened the door frantically and found Genesis sitting there in tears. I grabbed her and ran out of the room.

"And where do you think you're going?" The man said blocking the door.

"You fucking ill pedophile!" I scream.

"Are you going to talk like that in front of your child?" He scoffed to me.

"Hey buddy." I hear Gilinsky's voice.

The man turns around and Gilinsky bashes him in the nose.

"C'mon let's go the cops just pulled up." He said grabbing Genesis and running out.

"He's inside on the floor." Jack G said to the cops. "Here." He handed me Genesis.

"Oh my god Genesis!" I squeezed her as hard as I could. I felt my tears start to fall down my face. "I love you so much Genesis." I kept feeling Jack G look at us.

"That prick." He said while tightening his jaw. I just looked at him.

"Jack." I say as he starts to walk away.

"Yeah Lacey?" I give him a small smile.

"Thank you."

He smiled back, "You're welcome." The cops walked out with the guy in hand cuffs. I gave him a dirty look and hid Genesis's face in my chest so she didn't have to see him.

Jack G walked over to him.

"Jack! What are you doing?!" I spat at him.

"You sick son of a bitch. You're so lucky I didn't bash your teeth in. Don't you ever fucking look at or think about my daughter again you sick pervert." Jack yelled at him. Wait. Did he refer to Genesis as 'his daughter'? He walked back over to me.

"How is she?" He asked while brushing his finger through her hair.

"She fell asleep. She's probably going to have a nightmare though." I say while looking down at her full of concern.

"I should've killed that guy." He mumbled full of anger.

"So...did you mean it?" I ask him.

"Mean what?" he looked at me confused.

"When you referred to Genesis as your daughter." I said looking right into his eyes.

"Well...she is biologically." He said while rubbing her cheek.

"No, I mean like...before you could barely look at her and now you finally call her your daughter."

He hesitated for a few seconds, "Look Lacey." He took a deep breath, "I think we should drop the hatchet and try to move on. If this rivalry between us keeps going on, it's going to affect Genesis badly." I look at him with no expression on his face.

"Do you really expect me to forgive you so easily?" I ask him sternly.

"No but-"

"Look Jack, it's late, I need to take my daughter home." I began to walk away.

"Lacey wait." I roll my eyes and turn around and face him.

"What Gilinsky?" I ask while tapping my foot.

"We need to talk about this sooner or later." He said stepping towards me.

"Yeah I vote for never." I say back in a smart tone.

"You're not making this easy." He crossed his arms.

"In all honesty Jack, I don't want any relationship with you. Whether it's a friendship or not."

"Okay. I get it, you hate me. But you gotta hear me out." He held onto my arm.

"I have to take Genesis home. It's way past her bedtime." I say and walk away leaving Jack there. I don't care if he thinks I'm a bitch, he abandoned me when I needed him the most. Yeah we weren't a power couple but he is the father of my child, he didn't even call when she was born. Who does that? Jack could apologize a million times to me, I will never forgive him.

"Lacey. Are you alright?" Sam and the rest of the guys besides Gilinsky all surrounded me.

"I'm a bit frightened, but I'll be fine." I tried to shrug it off.

"I don't think you should be by yourself after a situation like this." Sam said. "Why don't you and Genesis stay with me? I just washed my bed sheets you both can sleep in my room and I'll sleep on the couch." I just smiled to myself.

"That's sweet Sam, but it's fine." I say.

"Lacey, I can't let you be by yourself tonight." Sam was very sweet and persuasive.

"Fine." I smile at him. We took Genesis's car seat and transferred it to Sam's car.

"Let's go."