Sleepover at Sam's

"Thank you so much Sam. You're really sweet." I hug him while he unlocks the door to his apartment.

"Anything for you." He hugged me back but even tighter. I didn't want him to wake Genesis so I pulled away. There was an awkward silence.

"Um, do you want to borrow shorts and a t-shirt or something?" He asked.

"That'd be great." I give him a smile. He handed me an oversized t-shirt and basketball shorts. I take the shirt and go into his room to change.

There was a knock on the door, it was obviously Sam. "Sorry, but um, here's toothbrushes for you and Genesis."

"Gracias." I say and follow him out to his living room.

"So. You tired?" He asked.

"Nah." I say back and laugh.

"Let's talk. Get to know eachother more." He sat down and patted the seat next to him. I sat down and he smiled at me. I smiled back. His smile was absolutely adorable. He had a baby face.

"Lacey." He snapped his fingers in front of me. I jumped. I didn't realize that I was in a gaze staring right into his eyes.

"Sorry." I giggle. I looked at him and he looked at me. He leaned in closer and closer. I felt his lips touch mine. I immediately pull away.

"I'm sorry." I say. "I can't Sam, with Genesis and work and school. I'm just not ready for a relationship." He looked disappointed.

"But I could help you. I could watch Genesis for you, I can help pay for you-" I stopped him.

"No Sam. I don't want to get hurt." I said.

"What makes you think that I'd ever hurt you?" He leaned closer to me.

"I..I don't know. I just have trust issues I guess." I shrugged.

"Is it because of Gilinsky?" He asked with a confused look on his face.

"I don't want to talk about him." I tell him back.

"Understandable. He can be a jerk." He laughed.

"Can be?" I scoff back. I heard little footsteps. We both turned and saw Genesis standing in the doorway while rubbing her eyes.

"Hi love." I say while smiling at her. She came over and climbed on my lap.

"I had a bad dream." She said. I'm surprised she wasn't crying.

"What was it about?" I ask while playing with her hair.

"That scary monster that took my doll." I gave her a confused look and Sam nudged my arm.

"I think she means...you know. What happened earlier." He whispered.

"Oh." I say back. "Well I won't let anything happen to you. You know that." I say looking down at her.

"I know mommy."

"Why aren't you sleeping it's late?" I ask her.

"I want you to stay with me." She grabbed my hands.

"Okay. Well, goodnight Sam." He just gave me a smile and waved.

The next morning I was awaken by Genesis jumping on the bed yelling "The sun's up mommy that means you need to be up too!" I didn't want to get up but she wouldn't stop so I didn't really have a choice.

I took a shower and changed into some sweats and a tank top. Sam has an older sister so he lended me some of her clothes from when she visits. I got Genesis ready and put a French braid in her hair.

"Morning" I greeted Sam while I walked out with Genesis in my arms.

"Hey sleepy head." Genesis said to Sam.

"Who are you calling a sleepy head?!" He joked back and grabbed her from my arms and tickled her to death.

Her laugh was adorable, I wouldn't be surprised if it echoed throughout the whole building.

"Sam can you take me back to Nash's so I can pick up my car? I have to go to work soon."

"Yeah of course. Where do you work?"

"Panera Bread." I say while taking a deep breathe.

"Oh cool I love it there."

"Doesn't everyone?" I say back sarcastically.

Sam took me to Nash's to pick up my car. I went inside first to greet everyone.

"Hey you." Nash said and greeted me with a hug.

"Where you headed to?" He asked.

"Work." I say with a fake smile on my face.

"Who's going to watch Genesis?" Gilinsky came out of no where and asked.

"I usually just take her to my parents house." I say back without making any eye contact.

"All of us could watch her if you want. Skylynn and her could play." I immediately shook my head no. After what happened yesterday I wasn't comfortable with any of them watching Genesis. I left her for 5 minutes in their care and she was nearly kidnapped. So yeah no, not going to happen. And why was Gilinsky so interested in watching Genesis?

"It's fine really." I say while grabbing her hand. "I have to go bye guys." I walked out.

"Lacey." I turn around and I see Nash after me.

"What's up?" I ask while buckling Genesis up in her car seat.

"I know you don't want Genesis with us because of what happened yesterday but I just wanted to tell you that I'm truly sorry. And so is everyone else. We're pretty stupid and-"

"Nash, I don't expect you to be perfect. It's just that...Genesis is a huge part of my life and if anything happened to her I don't know what I would do with myself. I don't dislike any of you and you don't have to apologize for anything, shit happens you can't control it." I shrugged.

"Are you sure you're fine?" He asked while I opened the door.

"I guess." is all I could say and drove away.

A/N Who thinks Lacey and Sam should date? ;)