Stressful

"You okay?" Sam said as we walked around the carnival before it closed. Genesis already left with everyone else and it bothered me. I'm not used to sharing her.

"Just confused." I say while taking a deep breath.

"About what? Talk to me." He sat down on a bench and pulled me to sit on his lap.

"This whole entire thing with Genesis, am I doing the right thing? I mean Jack has made mistakes and I just don't want her to get hurt." I felt a tear fall down my face.

"Well, you are her mom you do have a say in what you want for her."

"I know but she's always wanted a dad and I just don't trust him." I wipe my cheek.

"I've known Gilinsky since middle school, he has screwed up a lot but he's a good guy. Trust me on that."

"So you think it's a good idea for Genesis to be with him too?" I ask while staring in his eyes.

"I think that she should have a father figure in her life." I just nodded.

"You'd be a good dad Sam." I say to him.

"What do you mean?" He chuckled nervously.

"I mean, I think you'd be a good father to Genesis." I smile at him.

"Are you serious?" He had a confused look on his face.

"Well yeah...I mean, if we consider dating for a long time you'd need to be a good step dad." I hold onto his hand.

"I mean, I really like you Lacey. But that's a huge responsibility." He said while rubbing his neck. "And Gilinsky."

"What about him?" I ask with an annoyed to be.

"He'd hate me forever." He said with a serious face.

"Just think about it." I say while kissing him on the cheek. "I have to go." I say while standing up.

"Meet me for some lunch tomorrow?" He said while following me to my car. I just smile and nod at him.

"Bye Lacey." He pecked my lips.

"Bye Sammy." I drove home and immediately fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up pretty late. I just toasted some bread and had it for breakfast. There was a knock on my door. I answered it and I saw Gilinsky standing there with Genesis.

"I didn't expect you back until later." I say while yawning.

"Lacey, it's one o'clock." He said with humor in his voice.

"Oh." I fake laugh. "Hi Genesis." She runs into my arms and I give her a big hug. "How was she Gilinsky?" I ask while looking up at him.

"She was great." He said with a smile.

"That's good." It went silent. "Um. Do you want some coffee?"

"Sure." We both headed into the kitchen leaving Genesis in the living room watching her cartoons.

"Here." I say while I hand him a mug.

"Thanks. I've been needing to talk to you actually." He said while taking a sip.

"Okay. What's up?"

He took a deep breathe, "What's up with you and Sam?" He was actually pretty serious.

"Well we're kinda together." I say back.

"Out of all the guys, why my best friend?" He said kind of agitated.

"First of all, he kissed me. And my dating life isn't really any of your business." I say back getting defensive.

"So if I dated your best friend that wouldn't bother you?" He fought back.

"Obviously it would a little bit. But you're not forbidden too." I say while crossing my arms. He just rolled his eyes.

"Look Lacey, I don't trust Sam. Just be careful okay?"

I just scoff, "How can you not trust your best friend?"

"He's shady and doesn't tell me everything. We've known eachother for years, but he's hiding something. I can sense it." He looked me straight in the eye.

"So what are you trying to say?"

"I don't think it's safe for Genesis to be around him." He crossed his arms.

"You've gotta be kidding me? Sam is fine Jack, don't take your jealously out on him." I argue back.

"Just listen to me okay Lacey?" Before I could say anything back there was a knock on the door.

I opened it and my heart slightly dropped.

"Mom? Dad?"