Ice Cream With the Enemy

I can't believe that Jack and the rest of his scumbag friends are coming to Los Angeles. It's a pretty big city so I'm crossing my fingers that I don't run into him while I'm out with Genesis. Jack is the last person I want my daughter to see.

After Genesis finished eating I drove over to my college campus. I live off campus because it's cheaper and Genesis wouldn't be able to live with me if I did live on campus. They have a free daycare there so I just leave Genesis there while I'm in class. Today's class was only an hour and a half so she didn't have to be there for too long.

After my class I picked Genesis up and we stopped for her favorite ice cream.

"Guess where we're going Genesis!" I say while I pull into the parking lot.

"Is that Cold Stone's mommy?!" She yelled while banging on the window.

"Yes it is! Your favorite!" I say back while I park the car. "Come on sweetie!" We both get out of the car and we walk in with Genesis holding onto my hand.

"What flavor do you want?" I bend down and ask her.

"Oreo cream and Vanilla!" She says cheerfully. I didn't think anyone could have as much spirit as her! I ordered it for her and we searched for a table to sit at.

Right as we sat down Genesis's ice cream falls all over her dress. She started crying uncontrollably.

"Don't cry don't cry!" I say while panicking and cleaning up her mess.

"My life is over mommy!" She said while crying.

"Don't be overdramamtic we'll get you another one okay?" I say while wiping her dress down. I heard the door open and close and little footsteps.

"Skylynn slow down!" I heard someone yell and run in after her I'm guessing.

"Is it almost out mommy?" Genesis asked while tapping my arm.

"Yes sweetie." I heard the door open and a bunch of people walk in. I glance over and see like 10 guys walk in all at once.

"Yo Nash, did you find Skylynn?" I heard an unfamiliar voice ask.

"Yeah she just wants ice cream." I'm guessing Nash said back.

"Dude they have our favorite milkshakes here!" I heard a way too familiar voice say. I quickly look over and see a blonde. Oh shit. Was that...Jack Johnson? Oh great. Wherever there was Johnson, there was Gilinsky.

"You wanna order that?" I heard Johnson say.

"For sure man." My heart dropped. It was freaking Gilinsky. I hate him so much. Anger rushed over me. I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing so I accidentally pushed down on Genesis's arm too hard while I was wiping her ice cream off her.

Being loud like she is she screeched, "OUCH MOMMY!" I felt all their heads turn towards me.

"Sorry sweetie." I mumble. I couldn't help but look at all of them. I felt Gilinsky's eyes on me. I gave him a glare and looked away. The tension in the room was strong.

"Come on Genesis let's go." I say while throwing away the napkins.

"NO! I want ice cream!" she screeched.

"Stop it. Be quiet." I say looking down at her.

"No!" He stomped and started crying. Gilinsky and his friends kept looking at me, so I just got in line because Genesis was causing a scene. I grabbed her softly and picked her up and walked over to stand in line. With my luck I was right behind Gilinsky.

"How may I help you?" The lady asked me. I placed my order and felt Jack look at me when I spoke. She handed me the cup of ice cream.

"Thank you." I say and head towards the door.

"No mommy I wanna sit here!" I heard Genesis whine.

"Genesis Hathaway. Stop whining." I say sternly. And of course she started crying again. I wasn't going to stand here and watch her cry so I just found a seat and watched her eat her ice cream.

Of course Jack and his friends decided to sit too.

"Mommy look at that girls pony!" Genesis pointed to a little blond girls pony sitting in her lap. "Mommy! Give me my Barbie!"

"What's the magic word?"

"Please mommy." She whined.

"Okay." I reached in my purse and grabbed her Barbie. She immediately grabbed it and ran over to the other little girl. Shit.

"Hi I'm Genesis I like your pony!" I heard her say cheerfully.

"I'm Skylynn and I like your Barbie. Let's be friends!" They both started laughing and played whatever it was little girls played. I felt Jack's eyes still on me so I walked over to him and his friends. But I acted like I've never seen them in my life.

"I'm sorry, is she bothering her?" I say to the blue eyed boy.

"No. Don't worry about it." He said with a smile.

"Genesis. 10 more minutes and we're going home okay?" I say to her. She ignored me and continued playing.

"Looks like they're getting along great." I heard Gilinsky say in a smart tone.

I turn and look at him, "I'm sorry did you say something?" I say back with a bitchy attitude.

"Lacey Hathaway? Is that you?" I turn the opposite direction and see Sam Wilkinson walk in.

"Yep it's me." I say with a fake smile.

"I didn't know you had a younger sister." I gave him a confused look. Oh right, no one knew I was pregnant because I moved before my baby bump showed.

"Oh, Genesis? She's my daughter." I give Jack a smart look and look away.

"Daughter?" He asked uncomfortably.

"Yup." I say back. It went silent.

"Oh." He said back. I just nodded.

"Mommy!" Genesis ran over and jumped on my lap.

"Hi there little cutie!" Sam gave her a little wave.

"Who are you?!" She yelled.

I rolled my eyes, "Don't be rude. Say hi Sam." I look down at her and say.

"Hi Sam." She said quietly. Everyone at the table laughed.

"Genesis who got you your Barbie? Ny daddy got me my pony." Skylynn asked.

"My mommy got me this Barbie." She said with a smile. "Mommy! Skylynn says that she has a daddy why don't I have one?" My face went blank and so did Jack's.

"Um. I don't know sweetie." I brush hee hair behind her ear.

"Don't lie mommy. I heard you sayin' on the phone to Tiana tree days ago that my daddy was a cuntbag. What does cuntbag mean?" My face went red.

"Yeah Lacey, what does cuntbag mean?" Gilinsky said with a smirk and eyed me down. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Come on Genesis, we're leaving."

A/N how do you like it so far? This one was pretty long but I think it is my favorite chapter so far:) what do you guys think?