Deja Vu

dé·jà vu

ˌdāZHä ˈvo͞o/

noun

a feeling of having already experienced the present situation
---
After Newport Creamery Sam dropped me off at his place and went out with Nate to who knows where. But I didn't really care. I sat by myself and scrolled through my instagram feed.
I kept on thinking about what happened earlier with Jack and when he said he loved me. I wish I reacted differently. It's not like I was happy with what he said, I was just so shocked I didn't even know what to think.
Could I even have feelings for him? I mean, it's Jack he's an idiot. But he is really hot. Wait, what am I thinking? I go on my instagram and search his name and scroll through his account. I pull up a selfie he took a couple says ago from the carnival we went to. He looked adorable. Damn, he really is attractive. But I'm with Sam.
---
It was 9pm and Sam still wasn't home. Surprisingly I wasn't really worried. So I decided to put on sweatpants and a tank top and go for a walk.
I walk down the silent streets of L.A. and just try to clear my mind.
Do I even like Sam? Do I really love him?
Something interrupted my thoughts.
"What the hell are you doing out here?" I turn and see Sam getting out of his car.
I just stood there full of shock. He came closer and grabbed me by my shoulders.
"I said what are you doing out here?" His face was inches away from mine and I could smell the alcohol in his breathe.
"Sam let go of me." I nudge him away and try to walk away.
I felt him yank me even harder and push me up against a brick building..
"You didn't answer me." He slurred out. I felt tears start to form in my eyes. His grip got tighter and I let out a small cry.
"Hey!" Gilinsky ran out of his car. "What the fuck are you doing!" He grabbed him off of me. I ran into his arms and started to cry uncontrollably in his chest.
"Shh it's okay." He whispered in my ear.
"Lacey. Get in the car." Sam said pissed off.
"Don't listen to him Lacey, I'll take you. You can stay with me."
"You shut up Gilinsky! You're just so jealous that I got her whipped and you don't. She hates you!" Sam yelled.
"Just get out of here." Gilinsky said sternly as he wrapped his arm around my waist and brought me to his car.
I sat down in his warm Range Rover.
"What just happened?" Is all I could say.
"I don't think you should see Sam anymore Lacey." Jack said while driving away.
"You can't tell me what to do Jack. I really like Sam okay?" I say getting defensive.
"Look, you need to get your shit together. You may be 'in love' with him, but my daughter's safety comes first and that delusional douche bag is going to be no where near my Genesis. And look at what he did to you! You're worth so much more than that!"
I just kept silent, "Where the hell is Genesis?" I ask.
"She's with Johnson, I was getting her benadryl cause she's having tooth aches."
"Benadryl? Are you crazy?! You know what that shit does?! You have to get her Tylenol or Motrin."
"What in the name of fuck is that?"
I roll my eyes and slightly laugh, "You've got lots to learn Mr. Gilinsky."
"And you have a lot to teach me." I look over and he winked.
"Stop it. You're not cute." I say while playfully punching his arm.
He just blushed and looked at me, "I really love you Lacey."
"Yeah you just killed it." I say bluntly.
"Why won't you say anything back to me? C'mon, you gotta admit you have feelings for me too. I mean, have you ever thought of us together?" He was practically begging.
"Honestly no." I lie.
"Lier." He taunted.
"I'm not a lier shut up."
"Whatever you say, lier."
"I swear I'll punch you." I say trying not to laugh.
Jack pulled over into the CVS parking lot. He just sat there and looked at me.
"What?" I ask getting irritated.
"Has anyone told you how beautiful you are?"
I blush, "Really?" I ask quietly.
"Now I know where Genesis gets her cuteness from."
I blush even harder, "She actually gets it from you." I say with a small smile.
I felt the awkwardness arise in the car.
"Well lets get her medici-" Before I could open the door I felt Jack's hand grab onto mine.
I look at him with a confused look. He pulled me closer to him.
"Would it be wrong if I kissed you right now?" He said 2 inches away from my face.
I shook my head no and we both pulled in at the same time.
We made out for about 5 minutes. Jack pushed me in the back seat and climbed on top of me.
Let's just say it's a good thing his car had tinted windows ;)