2 Years Later

I woke up in the middle of the night to someone tapping frantically on my arm. I open my eyes and see my daughter standing by my bed with tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong Genesis?" I say while pulling her in my lap.

"I had a bad dream mommy." She said while crying even harder.

"Oh no! What was it about sweetie?" I ask while wiping her tears.

"This man tried to take me away from you!" She yelled.

"Shh shh. You're okay honey. Come on, you can stay with me." She crawled in next to me. I felt her little arms and legs wrap around the side of my body. I kissed her on the forehead and watched her fall into a sweet sleep.

I eventually fell asleep and was awoken by my alarm clock. I look over to my clock, it read 7:50o'clock. I had to be in class by 9:30 today.

"Genesis." I tapped on her softly. I stared at her while she slept, she was so beautiful. She had my blue eyes and brown hair. But the rest was exactly like Jack. Her nose, smile and she even has his dimples. Whenever she smiled, it brought me back to when I'd see Jack in school. She was basically his twin. But it didn't bother me, even though I wished she'd have more of my features. I took a few pictures of her on my phone and set it as my background.

I tapped on her again, "Come on sweetie, you have to wake up." I say while brushing her hair behind her ear. She slowly opened her eyes and yawned.

"Mommy stop touching me." She whined. I just giggled and picked her up and brought her to the bathroom so I could bathe her. After I got her dressed, I quickly jumped in the shower myself. I got dressed and hurried over to the kitchen so I could cook some breakfast for her.

"What do you want to eat today sweetie pie?" I always had little nicknames for Genesis, and she practically loved them.

"French toast mommy!" She said while jumping on the couch.

"No jumping on the couch, you can get hurt!" I said sternly. My phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey girl." I heard Tiana say. We've kept in touch even though I moved out of Omaha to L.A. 

"Hi how are you?" I say while starting to cook.

"You sound so mature." She laughed.

"Well I do have a two year old daughter." I joked back while beating eggs in a bowl. Sometimes I forget that I'm only 18, I feel much older.

"But you would never believe this." She said while blowing a bubble with her gum.

"What is it TT?" I say kind of impatient.

"Remember that new app? Vine?"

"Yeah. What about it?" I say while cooking the French Toast.

"Well...a bunch of guys from highschool are like, Vine famous. It's crazy how famous they are." She says while giggling.

"Not trying to be rude, but why should this matter to me?" I say while serving Genesis her food.

"Because the guys who came famous are Sam Wilkinson, Jack Johnson and Jack Gil-"

I immediately cut her off, "I honestly don't give a flying shit." I felt anger rush over me. "Why would you even mention his name to me?" I ask her angrily.

"Because. They're going to California today." She said while chewing loudly on her gum.

"Which part?" I ask slightly raising my voice.

"Los Angeles." She said back. I didn't respond. "Yeah well just wanted to tell yo-" I hung up. I just stared at the wall for a few seconds with an angry expression on my face.

"Mommy? Why are you mad?" Genesis asked while chewing on her food.

"Oh sweetie, mommy isn't mad." I say with a fake smile.

Yeah, I'm fucking pissed.