Surprise

"Hi sweetie!" My mom chanted and gave me a huge hug.

"Are you surprised?!" My dad exclaimed.

"Very." I say with a fake smile.

"Well aren't you going to let us in?" My mom asked.

"Right. Come in." I say nervously and open the door. My parents walk in the kitchen and stop and just stare at Jack.

"Well who is this Lacey?" My mom asked with a smile.

"I'm Jack." He said confidently. The smiles on the parent's faces went blank.

"Oh." My mom said.

"You too have been seeing eachother?" My dad asked sternly.

"Not like that dad." I roll my eyes.

"When you said you saw him I didn't think you'd end up being this close." My mom said full of rudeness.

"Mom?" I exclaimed.

"What?" She spat back. Well her mood switched quickly. My dad just stood there in silence, he had no idea what to say. Jack's face practically turned red, it's a good thing I didn't tell my parents about the party he had when Genesis was with him. They'd be even more furious.

"Look mom, and dad. I know Jack and I didn't have a 'happy ending'. But I'm giving him another chance, Genesis loves him." I explained to them, "Yes Jack has made mistakes, but don't hold it against him forever. We were young. Now we're more mature and can handle the situation better." I saw my mom's face soften.

"Okay. I'm sorry Jack, I shouldn't have been rude." My mom said with a fake smile. I knew when she wasn't serious.

"Dad? Are you okay?" I turn to him. He still had a blank expression on his face.

"I'm just shocked that I finally get to meet the father of my granddaughter."

"Trust me, I'm even more shocked than you sir. I'm really trying to turn things around here." Jack said with an awkward smile. I noticed he was trying to avoid my mom's glare and I don't blame him.

"Well that's very responsible of you." My dad gave him a smile.

"Why don't we all go to lunch together?" My mom suggested.

"Well, I'm supposed to be going out with my um- boyfriend." I say awkwardly. I saw jealously flash onto Jack's face.

"Boyfriend?" My dad asked.

"Since when did you even consider dating?" My mom asked.

"I didn't consider, it just happened." I said while blushing.

"Well maybe you could invite him too." My mom said.

"I like that idea." My dad said.

I hesitated,"Uh, I don't think-"

"It's all set! We'll meet at Applebees at 3?" My mom cheered. "Now where is my granddaughter?" She said while walking into Genesis's room with my dad following her.

"Well that was...awkward." I whisper loudly to Jack.

"You called that awkward? Imagine what it's going to be like at lunch later." He scoffed back.

I placed my hand on my forehead, "Ugh just kill me now." I groan. "I have to call Sam and tell him." I dialled his number in front of Jack.

Sam: Hey baby girl

Me: Hey Sammy

Sam: What's up babe?

Me: Well...do you mind if there's a slight switch of plans today for lunch today?

Sam: What do you mean?

Me: My parents just showed up and they um...want to have lunch with you.

Sam: That's fine I'd love to meet your parents!

Me: It's not just that.

Sam: then what is it?

Me: They invited Gilinsky too.

At first it went silent then I heard Sam take a deep breath.

Sam: Oh really? Why?

Me: He just so happened to be here when they showed up I didn't really have a choice.

I could hear the agitation in his voice grow stronger.

Sam: What the hell was he doing at your house? Why was he even there?

Me: He was just dropping off Genesis. Calm down babe.

Sam: Don't tell me to calm down.

He slightly yelled. I just stayed silent and a few seconds later he took a deep breath and finally said something.

Sam: Love you bye.

And he hung up.

I just took a deep breath and noticed Jack looking at me.

"What?" I snap at him.

"Did he say something to you?" He stepped closer to me.

"What do you mean?" I ask in confusion.

"You look frustrated." He chuckled.

"I'm always frustrated." I giggle back.

"But seriously, did he say something that bothered you?" He asked in all seriousness.

"He just raised his voice and hung up." I say while rolling my eyes.

"Why?" Jack asked getting all defensive.

"It doesn't matter. Jeez Jack back off." I say and brush past him.

A/N sorry it's short I've been busy with school lately:(