Drama Strikes

"Being Genesis's stepfather."

After Sam said that, everyone went silent. Gilinsky's face went blank. He eventually stood up and stormed out. I left Genesis with Sam and ran after him.

"Jack! Jack wait!" I say out of breathe. He turns around with tears in his eyes, "STEPFATHER? REALLY LACEY? AM I SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON THAT YOU'D ASK MY BEST FRIEND TO HELP RAISE OUR CHILD?"

"Please. Jack I'm sorry. I really am!" I hold onto his arm. He nudged away.

"Fuck off Lacey." He spat.

"You don't mean that." I say following him.

"Oh trust me honey I do." He slightly yelled.

"WAIT. Jack just wait, please?" I run in front of him.

"I don't want to talk to you right now." He said and pushed me out of the way and kept walking.

"Well too bad I'm here." I jump in front of him and hold onto his arm.

"Jack. I know you're hurt. And I was being a selfish bitch okay? I was only thinking about myself and about what I wanted, not us. So I'm sorry okay? Please forgive me." I was practically begging.

"I've been working my ass off just to impress you but you don't think that's good enough, do you? And why Sam? Really?" He crossed his arms.

"Are you serious? Did you not comprehend my apology?" I say irritated.

"Yup." Is all he could say.

"I said all of that and that's all you have to say back to me?" I argue back.

"Look Lacey, I'm just disappointed that you'd make a decision like that without me. She's our daughter, we should discuss everything about her together." He said staring deep into my eyes, "And I don't think Sam is the kind of 'father figure' you want for her either." He scoffed.

"What do you have against him?"

"Sam has problems, okay? I'm not really supposed to talk about them. Wait until he tells you." He whispered.

"Just tell me Jack." I say irritated.

"No." He smirked. Did he enjoy pissing me off?

"Why would you mention it if you won't even tell me?" I argue.

"If you wanna know so badly, ask him yourself."

"Fine."

So the lunch didn't really turn out great. We picked up our food and left. Gilinsky was pissed at me and I was frustrated with Sam. I thought high school was over? Why was there drama starting to happen? I absolutely hated it.

I dropped Genesis off at dance and drove over to Sam's place to talk to him.

"Hey." He smirked and tried to give me a kiss but I slightly pushed him away.

He rolled his eyes, "What's wrong?"

"Why did you say that in front of Gilinsky?" I say with my arms crossed.

"Say what Lacey?" He asked acting confused.

"Don't play dumb with me, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Now Gilinsky is mad at me because of you." I spat at him.

"Don't blame me for your mistakes Lacey and why does it even matter to you if he's mad at you?" He stepped closer to me.

"Because I hate the drama." I rolled my eyes. "But can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?" He asked while getting a drink from his fridge.

"Um...I don't know how to ask this..." I say while taking a deep breathe.

"Just ask me babe." He came closer to me.

"Is there anything about you that I don't know about?" His smirk immediately disappeared.

"What do you mean?" His eyes literally went from light brown to dark.

"I was just wondering, since we're dating. I mean, shouldn't we get to know eachother better?" I was starting to get a little anxious. I wasn't so sure on how Sam would react.

"Gilinsky told you something about me, didn't he?" He started to look pissed.

"N-no. Why would you think that?" I slightly trembled.

"I'm not stupid. It's obvious you know something, you're acting timid around me. So, what did Jack tell you?"

At first I hesitated, "Well...he says you have 'issues'." I started off. I felt like I threw Jack under the bus. I felt guilt wash over me.

"Oh really? What kind of issues did he mention?" Sam was starting to scare me.

"N-none. That's why I came here. To t-talk to you." I whispered loudly.

"Well when you see Jack tell him to keep his fucking mouth shut." He spat.

"You don't have to blame Jack." I say.

"Why do you always defend him? I thought you loved me. Not him!" He started yelling and walking towards me.

"Sam. Calm down please." I put my hands up in defense.

"Why should I calm down? You obviously have a thing for him." He yelled even louder.

"Stop it you're scaring me!" I yell and walk towards the door. He grabbed onto me.

"Don't go. Please Lacey."

"You're crazy." He stood still then just started to laugh.

"The only thing that's crazy is my love for you." He came closer to me.

"I have to go." Is all I could say.

"No. Just stay a little longer." His pleading turned into a command. It's like he was trying to control me. His grip on my arm grew tighter, I could feel a bruise start to form on my sensitive skin.

"Sam?" I turned my head and saw Johnson standing in the doorway. Sam immediately let go of me which caused me to slightly loose my balance.

"What are you doing here Johnson?" Sam asked in a frustrated tone.

"You left your phone charger in my car." He said while placing the charger on the kitchen counter. He looked at my arm with a worried look and I quickly covered up the forming bruise.

"Well I'll leave you two." Johnson said while heading towards the door.

"Actually I was heading out too." I say quickly while following Johnson out the door before Sam could do anything else.

"Lacey." Johnson looked at me with a stern look. "What was going on back there?"

"It was nothing Johnson. Just forget about it." I tried to brush it off.

"I'm not going to forget. You have to tell Gilinsky." He gave me a look.

"Um why?" I stop and take a look at him.

"Maybe he could talk to Sam. I mean, he's closer to him than I am. And I don't like what he was doing to you, he was being a complete douche bag and tried to control you."

"It's not like he hit me." I said getting frustrated.

"And what if he does?" He slightly raised his voice.

"Sam wouldn't do that Jack. You're over thinking things."

"Lacey, look at your arm." He softly grabbed onto my arm and pointed at a bruise.

"He didn't mean it." I mumbled.

"Look Lacey, either you tell Gilinsky...or I will."