Chapter Thirty-Three

"Jake, please!" her voice came out as a whisper. The way Jake's warm fingers wrapped around her wrist made a shiver run down her spine. His breath mingled with her, and the impact of his irregular heartbeat made her legs jelly. She wanted to push him away for making her so vulnerable in his hold, but every second of their closeness made her brain function some less.

There was no thought running in her mind- only the earnest desire to be closer to him surged through her veins. He let the notes fall on the ground and snaked his other hand around her slim waist. A gasp left her mouth as he turned her around in his hold, pushing her gently against the desk. She could feel the hard metal of the typewriter against her lower back.

A moment before, she was fighting against Jake to take back her notes, and within seconds everything turned into something more fierce. She wasn't sure whether she wanted him to stop or continue as his dark orbs bored into her hazel-colored eyes. He released her wrist and moved his free hand to trace the outline of her face. She sucked in a breath as his fingers came in contact with her skin. But before she could release her breath, he brought his lips to her slightly parted ones. The moment their lips touched, a fire unleashed underneath her skin burning her to the core. She could feel the need and hunger in his kiss as he pressed himself more against her body while holding her waist tightly.

There was almost nothing that could compare the feeling she was exposed, right at that moment. The way he delved into her mouth, tasting all minty, the way he closed his eyes, losing himself, made her whimper due to the sudden tingling sensation spreading all over her body. All she could do was to follow his lead by deepening the kiss and let her control loose in the hands of that curly-haired guy. She closed her eyes in ecstasy as her hands eagerly moved towards his neck and fisted Jake's soft curls, giving it a sensual tug every time his kiss turned a little more vicious.

Though there was this voice at the back of her mind telling her to abort whatever was happening, the moment at hand was too euphoric to back away. Moreover, it felt more like being in control than she had ever felt. Her hold on Jake's hair tightened as he slipped in his tongue, and a moan subconsciously tumbled out of her. If anything was still sane in her, it went rabid the moment he groaned as a response. It was the sexiest thing she had ever heard, and she lost the last of her rationality to him.

Jake shifted slightly, holding her waist with both of his hands. Before she could comprehend what he was planning, he lifted her off the ground and made her sit on the desk without breaking the kiss. There was no denying that she was loving, the way he went all impatient, making their intimate moment all the more heavenly. He placed one of his hands on her thigh, directing it towards his back, and her legs on instinct wrapped around his waist, taking away the space between them. Their bodies flushed against each other as if they belonged together.

The need to breathe made them pull apart for a second only to look at each other with darkened eyes, knowing very well that it was no mistake. Jake bit his lips as her eyes traveled down to the word "Passion" inked behind his left ear. Her face instantly dived on his neck, tracing the tattoo with her tongue. His hold on her waist tightened to the point that it would leave a bruise there, but the pain only intensified her assault on his milky skin. Jake released a breathy groan, "Fuck, Amy!"

"Shit!" I cursed loudly and stopped typing abruptly. Panic surged through me as I realized it was supposed to be Arya, not me. All the while I was writing, It felt like I was living that moment myself. I pulled my hair aggressively, cursing the hell out of me. What was wrong with me? There were so many things playing in my mind, and the piece of paper in front of me inked with the most unholy imaginations weren't helping me. I pulled out the sheet from the typewriter harshly and chuckled nervously, looking at it. I quickly crushed the sheet and threw it into the dustbin. That's right, that imagination better stayed in the trash bin. I didn't need it in my reality.

Another minute passed as I paced back and forth, biting my nails. Thank god! my mom wasn't around to witness my unhealthy habits. I sat on the bed, rubbing my face aggressively, and contemplated a minute or two before searching through the trash bin. Just because I was stupid enough to imagine myself in place of Arya, I couldn't trash away a nice scene. I retrieved the piece of paper and smoothed it out with my hand. It almost felt like my words were laughing at me for being so pathetic. One minute I wanted to feel nothing, and the very next minute- I was living that feel.

I checked the time, and a frown appeared on my face. It was already past twelve, but Leah wasn't back. Suddenly, Jake's words dance in my head, heating my cheeks. With Leah looking all attractive in that peach-colored dress, I couldn't see any reason for him not to live his words. Only that the images of them together didn't fit well with me. Of course, I was keeping those images only for Jake and Amy-Arya! I quickly corrected myself mentally. What was wrong with me?

Shoving the draining thoughts aside, I decided to take a nap. So I could finish the scene I started with Jake and Arya. I cringed at the thought of being Arya, although she was a version of me. Better or worse, I didn't bother to think more. My eyes lingered on the door before I forced them as if I was expecting Leah to come back at once. I wasn't able to subside my uneasiness, twisting and turning on my bed. Why was I bothered with Leah spending the night with Jake? Unless it was jealousy. Was I jealous of her?

I groaned at my loud subconscious and sat up. It was so frustrating to keep thinking about one person all the time. Not a minute after, the door burst open, and Leah walked in looking a little displeased. My lips stretched out into a smile: I was beaming with unknown happiness. All my unsettled thoughts disappeared the moment she walked in. But she didn't look content. Maybe, she wasn't happy being in her room instead of someone else's.

"Hey, you're back," I tried putting up a casual look on my face.

"Yes, I'm back," she sounded a little off.

"What's wrong? How's was your date?" I couldn't help my eyes, which scanned her from head to toe as if to check for some sign. She looked a little tired, but apart from that, everything looked in place. Was I trying to confirm that she didn't have an eventful night with Jake?

She plopped on her bed without bothering to remove her heels and sighed. "I don't want to talk about it. Just know that it didn't go as I expected it to," she responded, looking at the ceiling.

"Good~..." my eyes widened as the honest reply slipped past my lips. "I mean goodnight. You should sleep." I quickly changed my words giving her a nervous smile. I saw the frown on her face as she snapped her head towards me.

Without sparing her another glance, I shuffled back to my bed and decided to call it a night. It was enough drama for one day. But somewhere deep, I felt a little relaxed that Leah was sleeping beside me and not someone else.

Guess I was jealous of her, and there's nothing wrong in feeling that. After all, I kept Jake for Arya and seeing him with someone else affected my thoughts.