Chapter Forty-Five

A feeling never lived before coursed through my veins, igniting every cell of my body. Jake's lips felt just as I had imagined. It was like a soft, tempting everlasting taste of passion delivered unto your skin. Jake's warm lips moved demandingly on my trembling ones. My hands were still held up by him keeping me trapped against the door. He tilted his head to the side, getting better access. At that moment, all I wanted was to sink my hands into his tousled hair and explore the depths within. His fiery breath was mingling with mine as we both grew breathless every second. A soft whimper left my lips as he nibbled lightly on my bottom lip. It had to mean something, the way he kept repeating it, followed by feverishly capturing my lips again. Although, I could only keep up with his movements and feel his maddening heartbeats colliding with mine.

I was like a warrior pulled into a battlefield. Neither I knew how to hold the shield nor to wield a sword. But I wanted the war to set loose, even if I were to lose. My entire body was delving molten lava, making me melt away slowly but certainly. He freed my hands at the same time, retreating his lips from mine. We were both panting heavily against each other's lips, with both our eyes closed. He brought his hand towards my cheeks, brushing his thumb lightly on my heated skin before tracing it down. "Please stop me, Amy!" He rasped.

Before my breathing could even out, his slightly bruised thumb ran on my lips, coaxing them to open. And then he connected our lips again, making my legs lose balance. On instinct, his hand found their place at the small of my back, supporting me against the door. I placed my hands on his shoulders as he explored my mouth, delivering a swarm of jellyfish inside. His movements were slow and passionate, making me shudder with every languid sweep of his tongue. The need to breathe soon ebbed me, and I let out an unconscious moan. As if it worked like fuel to the raging fire, he dived deeper into my mouth, shaking me a little. I was sweating and trembling with the surged desire, but a little voice at the back of my head went frantic. It wasn't supposed to happen. What was I doing? Did I even want it?

After making my soul levitate into the seventh heaven, he finally pulled away. For a second, everything stood still for me, and I knew the moment was marked. A moment that was deeply rooted in every brain cells of my sensitive mind. He rested his burning forehead on mine, panting heavily.

"I'm so sorry, Amy...I'm so sorry," Jake's words were like a zap on my back to pull me out of the trace.

"W-Why are you apologizing?" I somehow managed to breathe out. My hands were still holding on to his shoulders for support as our foreheads leaned on to each other.

"I took away your first kiss." He mumbled and exhaled sharply. My heart thudded loudly in my chest due to the gravity of his words. The truth crept into my hazed brain, and it only struggled for a moment before I accepted it with all my reasoning. Indeed it was my first kiss but did I regret it? The hell not.

I finally managed to lift my eyes and look into his anxious black orbs. "So what? I kissed you back, didn't I?"

His eyes searched mine for few seconds but then nodded. "Will you now stop avoiding me? I need you, Amy. I need to be around you, see you and feel you. Will you let me, Amy? If you want, I can kiss you all day, every day, whenever you want. I will do anything. Please stay."

For a moment, the earth beneath me felt like a swamp. Each of his pleadings was only sinking me further into it. I blinked at him with a blank expression, processing all that he was saying. Never before had I seen him that vulnerable. The darkness around him replaced the warmth. Somehow I wanted to hold him in my arms and never let go. But I knew we weren't there yet.

'Please stop me, Amy!' His voice played in my mind. So, he wanted me to stop him, but why? A sudden flash of all the times he had pulled back or avoided losing control reeled in front of my eyes.