Chapter Forty-Four

I didn't know how things had escalated to new heights with Jake, but it wasn't one of my ploys. The moments with him certainly meant something special. The passion blooming between us was not a good sign. And me ending up in the room of a guy I really shouldn't be with only added more chaos in my life.

My heart shrunk a little with the cold look that Seb directed towards me. And the more I looked into his eyes, the more I felt like burying myself ten feet under the ground. Everyone in the college knew what kind of relationships Jake had with the girls. Especially the ones who ended up in the same room as him. The thought tightened my heart a little. Although I didn't care about what others thought about me, Seb was a friend.

"If you are here to daydream, then leave." Jake narrowed his eyes and stared at both of us rather unhappily. He pinched the bridge of his nose, showing his impatience with the entire situation.

"What are you doing here, Amy?" Seb completely ignored Jake taking a step inside the room. But Jake stood in front of him. I could sense the tension between them, the same one which often surfaced when they were around each other.

"Amy could be wherever she wishes. She doesn't need your permission." Jake stated, gritting his teeth. I held my breath to calm before both of them started arguing over me. Seb's face twisted with anger as he once again directed his gaze towards me.

"You are coming with me, Amy. We need to have a little talk." I looked at him a little bemused. What did he want to talk about with me? I knew it wasn't a wise decision to be with Jake, but it was too late for reasoning.

Jake gave a dry chuckle at his face and darted his eyes towards me. I could sense the heat radiating from him. He was certainly not happy with Seb's demanding tone.

"Seb...I-" I took a small step towards Seb, but Jake held my wrist and pulled me away from him.

"She's not going anywhere. You are not her guardian or family." Jake boomed.

I frowned at his harsh tone. He didn't have to be so mean to Seb. I took a deep breath and gave an apologetic look to Seb. He shook his head.

"I told you to stay away from her, but clearly, you have taken a vow to degenerate people. She's is not one of your playmates!" Seb gritted out, towering over Jake.

I stared at him, unsure of how to take in what he said. His words delivered a hard punch to my guts. However hard I tried to deny it, the reality was that Seb might be right. Maybe I was just a playmate for Jake, just like Leah and all the other girls. My eyes pricked with the thought, and I closed them to stop myself from crying.

"She's not a playmate!" Jake growled, tightening his hand around my wrist. If Seb's revelation wasn't enough, then Jake's painful hold certainly was. I let out a whimper placing my other hand over Jake's. He immediately loosened, caressing my skin with his thumb. As if he wasn't in the middle of a heated conversation with Seb. Those were the things that made me think I was someone special to him. Was I?

"Does she even know your full name? Does she know anything about your past, present, or future?" Seb asked, making Jake freeze all his actions and snap his ink-black eyes towards him. I could see how his jaw tightened. Reality does hurt. Doesn't it?

Does she even know your full name?

Does she know anything about your past, present, or future?

Seb's question echoed in my mind, making me dizzy all of a sudden. He was right. How naive could I be? I indeed knew nothing about the guy I was sleeping with a moment before. That wasn't me.

"He's right, isn't he? I know nothing about you." I gave a dry chuckle, taking a step away from Jake. I didn't belong there, not with him. My heart sank, and I bit my lips hard to prevent the tears as they threatened to roll down. I didn't want to break down in front of them.