Chapter Sixty

The following day wasn't all drunk high in love and cute moments. It started with a pounding headache followed by painful thoughts and a sense of anxiety. I woke up before Jake, who needed a peaceful sleep after the heart-wrecking confrontation of his trauma.

I looked at his tranquil face squished up against the pillow as he slept on his stomach. He was breathing calmly, which warmed my heart. I traced smooth circles on the howling wolf tattoo on his back, careful enough not to wake him up. An adorning smile appeared on my face with the thought of finally knowing something that personal about him.

My overprotective side kicked in as his hand, which was around my waist, held me securely. I wouldn't let anything break him like the way he did the previous night. I was his muse, and I was ready to be his savior if need be. I would do anything to help him become one with his passion.

I brushed his soft curls and delivered a chaste kiss on his forehead before slipping out of his embrace. It was 6 a.m., still early for someone like me whose wakeup hours on a Sunday used to be post 10 a.m. As I had been freeloading at his place for almost half of the week, I could at least help him with some house chores. The mess in the art room still awaited an hour-long cleaning. So, I heaved a deep sigh before stepping out of the bedroom.

The room looked even more like an earthquake-stricken area under the daylight. I picked up a pencil lying on the floor and twisted it around my hair. A sudden image of Jake pulling my hair up into a bun reeled into my mind, making me smile slyly. Starting your day with such imagery could affect your heart in ways you can't handle. Emotions that are deeper than you are used to feeling do not end well.

I pushed the scrambling thoughts aside and set on my task to bring the art room back to its glory. A curse left my lips as I stepped on the paint tubes. Great! I ended up creating more mess.

It took me a good hour n a half to finally set the room in order. Jake needed new art supplies, including an easel. As I exhaled a satisfying breath, taking a look at the perfect as before art room, a pair of arms wrapped around me from behind. I jumped a little due to the unexpected warmth engulfing me without warning.

"Hmmm...It's just me, love," Jake whispered against my hair, giving my waist a gentle squeeze. "Didn't I tell you not to leave my side like this?"

His words left me breathless, and I leaned back against his body, sighing deeply. Love! When did it reach there?

He cradled our body, burying his face in my neck and humming in content. It felt heavenly to be wrapped around his musky scent as if we were doing that for ages.

"I see you cleaned," he mumbled, turning me around in his arms. My palms found their place on his chest.

"I did," I said, reaching up and hooking my arms around his neck.

"You have a little paint here," he brushed my cheeks gently. A sense of nostalgia immediately hit me. He did something very similar after the first party he invited me to his house. Did he always see me as his muse?

"I'm so sorry about last night. I didn't mean to break down like that." He said weakly. He looked down, taking both of my hands in his and giving them a gentle kiss. "You didn't have to clean, though. I could've certainly managed that."

"Hey, look at me, Jacob," I took hold of his face and made him look into my eyes. " You don't have to feel sorry about anything. Believe it or not, anything related to you means a lot to me. You mean a lot to me."

He indeed meant so much more to me than he would ever know.

As soon as those lines came out of my mouth, his lips tugged upwards in a sun-kissed smile. He didn't acknowledge me with his words, but instead, he leaned in for a kiss. I almost awarded a mind-blowing feel of his soft lips. But at that very moment, the doorbell rang. Jake groaned, not letting go of his hold on me, and dipped his head further to seek out a kiss. Meanwhile, whoever was at the door didn't give any rest to the doorbell.