Chapter Ten

Seizing the opportunity, I somehow managed to reach the front porch to get some fresh air. I pulled off my leather jacket, which didn't help with the heat flowing through my skin. How did I get caught up in that unfamiliar world, the very world my parents guarded me from? Oh no! I forgot to call my mom.

Still trying to calm myself, I pulled out my phone only to find five missed calls from mom and two from Molly. And it didn't help my already anxious mind. I was sure about one thing that calling mom wasn't an option. Not when I was in chaos from all sides, and I didn't want to mess up my peace some more. So, I settled on calling Molly.

"Hello, Molly," I said, blocking my other ear because the loud music wasn't helping.

"Amy, where are you? Mom is going crazy. Why ain't you picking up her calls?" she blasted from the other end.

"I-I'm in a party," I replied in a small voice.

There was a long pause before she finally said, "Then why do you sound so down?"

"Because I don't feel very belonged. And I can't tell mom she will be so disappointed in me."

"Listen, Amy, it's okay, don't worry about mom. I will take care of her. But while you are at the party, try to enjoy yourself, yeah?" she said, and I knew she might be having that loving smile on her face. I love her so much. She is an angel.

"I miss you, " I whined.

"Miss you too, now don't be a granny and enjoy yourself." she kissed through the line before hanging up.

Right at that moment, a few drunk guys stumbled beside me. I knew standing there wasn't a very nice idea. Ignoring their slurred comments, I headed back inside and searched Elijah around. I ended up reaching the same place where I left everyone, only to be met by no one. It wasn't a good idea to get separated when I didn't know anyone. The music changed to a slow one, and as if in the queue, I spotted Elijah among the crowd, dancing with Liz. Like Seriously. He looked a little drunk. When did he end up getting drunk? And that's when I spotted a red cup in Liz's hand. They were dancing in a very questionable way and didn't want to continue what that was.

I made my way towards the drinks. I might as well get a little drunk, anything to get a particular guy's imagery out of my head. Mentally cursing, I reached near the drinks and gulped down a cup of whatever was served only to wince at the burning sensation it created down my throat.

"Hey! that was for me." I heard Leah somewhere but couldn't spot her anywhere around me.

"I'm here." she hiccuped and found her sitting on the floor against the counter. She looked way too drunk and looked like she was crying. Her mascara was all over her face as fat tears rolled down her eyes.

"Why are you crying, Leah?" she got me worried, and I couldn't help thinking all the worst things. I leveled up with her placing my jacket on the counter.

"How can he say that? I tried everything, Amy? But why can't he fall in love with me?" She wasn't making any sense to me until I followed her gaze. I wish I never did that the moment my eyes landed across the dancing people on none other than Jake. And I couldn't help but feel a sudden furry rise in my blood as I saw him pressed up against a grey-haired girl making out on the wall.

I needed control, but that's what I missed as my rage forced me towards the jerk.