Chapter Fifty-Five

With semester exams around the corner, the lectures were getting more and more tiresome. For someone tailored never to take academics lightly, it's not possible to concentrate on anything other than that. To my surprise, even Jake seemed more focused but on what exactly was questionable. During our lectures, he always found a way to sit beside me. And knowingly or unknowingly, we were sitting closer than intended.

But things were getting difficult for me as the days went by. I was getting used to Jake's presence, the subtle touches we shared, the feathery kisses when he whispered something in my ear, or the way we made out in the art room. How did he get access to it was a question yet to get answered. But, hey, was I complaining? Not at all. If I had one power in my hand, I would keep him tucked under the pages of my book. But he wasn't just a character of my book anymore. He was flesh and blood and tattoos and muscles and abs and sweet like sugar. I was in deep, deep trouble. My fingers trembled, and the pen dropped from my hand.

"Miele, are you alright?" Jake whispered in my ear and placed his warm hand on my trembling ones. He had started calling me Miele, giving me a taste of his half Italian origin from his mother's side.

I had learned a few things about him during our stargazing sessions on Fridays. He told me about his parents getting separated when he was fourteen. His father being a billionaire, was the poorest when it came to love. That was the reason his mother left him. For most of his teenage years, Jake had been living with his mother. But that was all he talked about his family. Jake never mentioned his high school days or his childhood friends. Not even the reason for his mother shifting to Paris and Jake staying back with his father, whom he despised.

I looked at him with big eyes and shook my head. "I'm fine, Jacob."

What was happening to me? Maybe, it's the tension that was building in my mind and heart. 'Love ' word was simple, yet complex to understand the true meaning behind it.

Only I knew how much pressure I was bearing by staying close to Jake but keeping it a secret from everyone else. Soon people would start noticing, and that would be weird, right? He had been with so many girls, better than me or not, but getting tagged among them was unacceptable.

What if everything he was with me turns out to be a facade? What if he left me after playing around with me? What if I was some conquest for him? I had seen enough movies and read enough books to understand how bad boys completely ruin the girl and leaves her to either run right back to them, losing her dignity or be left behind as a miserable person. I refused to be either one of them. If he was playing the game, I could too. I would have him my way.

So that was the deal I made after Leah almost caught us together in the room. We returned from the Retirement home, and Leah texted me that she was going to be late. I let Jake walk me to my room. His white skin glowed so mesmerizingly under the moonlight and his tattoos teased out of the collar of his shirt, making him so irresistible to let him walk away just like that. So, I lost control and pulled him inside, taking a handful of his black shirt. He looked surprised, but I could sense the anticipation in his black eyes.

"What are you doing, Amy?" He asked, wetting his lips. Jake watched me expectantly as I locked the door and dragged him to my bed. I threw my purse on the desk and toed my flats away.

"Amy, are you sure about-" I cut him off by placing my index finger on his lips.

"Shhh," I looked at him and clicked my tongue. "You talk too much."

He didn't say a word, but I could feel his burning skin, the irregular breathing, and the erratic heartbeat as he gulped down his words.

I looped my arms around his neck, making him sit at the edge of my bed. The next thing I knew, I was straddling him. He sucked in a sharp breath as I placed a soft kiss on his jaw before taking both of his hands and placing them around me.