Chapter Fifteen

I basked in the beauty of the starry night and sat at my desk by the window. My pseudonym was ready to brew another steamy romance between Arya and the irresistibly handsome Jake. Jake's imagery crept back into my mind, and just like that, my fingers started typing on their own. I felt a little guilty for using him in my novel, but that's something next to impossible for him to get a hold of, not to mention I was still not among the best sellers. And if ever it finally made up to the list, I doubted he read novels at all.

I looked towards the empty bed on the other side. Leah was out for the night. She looked okay for someone who just went through a heartbreak- if it was one. I know how denial works, we learn the reality of the situation, but still, we try ignoring it. She didn't want to give up yet. I took a deep sigh and let my imagination take over.

A gasp left her mouth the moment she hit the wall behind. Jake placed his muscular hands on the sides of her head and leaned closer. On instinct, she rested her soft hands on his chest to keep a distance between their bodies. His chest was rising and falling fast like her own. His lips were an inch away, and she could feel his warm breath hitting her slightly parted lips. His overwhelming musky smell clouded her mind, and at that moment she knew, she had already lost herself. "You have beautiful eyes," he muttered before leaning in and giving a soft feathery touch to her lips.

Arya sucked in a breath and fisted his shirt as his husky voice reached her ear. And she didn't know who leaned in first, but the moment their lips touched, fireworks exploded in her mind. She was still calming down from the impact of their closeness when the sudden passionate kiss took her breath away. He pressed his body against her some more, deepening the kiss. The feeling was euphoric, a high she knew only Jake's touch could give her.

She broke away from his bruising kiss earning a sexy groan of protest from him. They both were taking ragged breaths, still looking deep into each other's eyes. "I...I think we shouldn't do this." He cupped her face with one of his hands and tilted it to the side, diving in for her neck. "And why is that?" he mumbled on her skin, sending tingles all over her skin. He licked her neck sensually before giving open-mouthed kisses. She shuddered under the sensation of pleasure that his kisses gave her.

"You're not what I want," she said uncertainly, giving a slight push to disconnect his mouth from her neck. He gave a lopsided grin and traced his cold fingers on the mark he created on her neck. Letting his touch linger on her skin, he moved his face near her sensitive ear.

"Then what is it that you want?" he whispered, nibbling on her earlobe. Arya's breath shuddered as he kissed her ear lightly and moved his face away from her skin ever so slowly. There was a fire in his slightest of touches, and she knew she was ready to burn. She released her hold on his shirt and let her hands fall to the sides.

They both knew the passion was growing, and it was just the beginning. Jake detached himself and gave a quick peck on the lips before disappearing into the party. And she stood against the wall, still trying to come down from the high she knew wasn't healthy.

I stopped typing with a shaky breath and ran a hand through the sweat dripping down my forehead. My insides were burning, and that feeling I had felt many times when I tried living my characters, but that was something else.

There was a passion brewing in my mind, and I had to settle it before it reached my soul.