Chapter Eight

I spotted Elijah outside the dorm building. His back was resting on a black Mercedes. He had company: a guy in the driving seat and a blonde girl beside him. Elijah looked a little different from his usual nerdy look. He still had the glasses on, but the ripped jeans and his gelled-up hair were a great addition.

"Hey, Amy, you look beautiful," he said with a smile. I liked his decency. The other two just gave me a look. "Oh!! and this is Xavier and his girlfriend, Jessie."

"Hi, Amy, please get inside. We don't wanna miss the fun." Jessie said, showing her gummy smile. She looked cute.

"Hey, thanks for the ride," I said while adjusting myself beside Elijah at the back.

"Not a problem, anything for getting notes for the sem. Right, Eli." Xavier winked at him through the mirror.

"Can you now tell me where's the party exactly?" I still wanted to know where we were going, just in case you know.

"Does that matter, now that we are on our way," Jessie said, chuckling. "But so you know that we are not kidnapping you. It's in Delta Chi."

And we headed to the party while I was still contemplating my life choices. The ride wasn't that long as I thought. I wanted it not to end, but who am I kidding. Deep in my mind, I had something else going on. I wasn't very sure what got me all hyped-up. Was it the thought of a curly-haired guy or the fact that I still needed to observe him for my reasons?

We finally pulled outside an enormous house, we could hear loud music blasting from the building, and there were guys and girls on the porch. You could only imagine what the crowd would welcome you inside. Parties weren't a pleasant experience for me. I could feel my hands sweating and my heart beating out of my chest as we made our way towards the entrance.

"Ladies, Eli, are we ready for the fun," Xavier asked, walking backward, already grooving with the music.

"Hell Yeah," Jessie shouted back excitedly, pulling me with her.

I gave a nervous smile and followed her anyway.