Chapter Four

The following morning I jolted to the obnoxious sound of the alarm, much to my dismay. Leah must have already left for the classes as her side of the room was empty. That reminded me of my classes, and I pushed aside the comforter, taking a hurried look at the time. Great! I had only ten minutes to get ready for my first lecture.

So much for not being late, I thought, internally cursing.

As I got off the bed, the first thing that caught my eyes was the mess I created the previous night. Papers were all over my desk, and some were lying on the floor. I had a very tiring night with my wild imaginations and the handsome guy with curly hair(no pun intended).

I needed to know his name.

After cleaning the mess in my room and mind, I grabbed a decent pair of dresses for the first day of my college. Knowing that I didn't have time to take a relaxing bath, I settled for a quick shower. And luck wasn't on my side either. None of the shower stalls were empty, and I had less than five minutes to get ready. I had to abort the quick shower plan too.

At least I could brush my teeth and splash some water on my face to look fresh for the lectures. I got ready quickly and rushed out of the dorm with the hope that the lecturer doesn't kick me out of the class on my very first day. Praying to all the gods in heaven to save me from the embarrassment, I walked and then ran towards the lecture rooms.

Just as I entered the college building putting the campus map in my backpack. As I rushed through the corridor, I saw a middle-aged man clad in a black suit with brown hair perfectly gelled walk towards the room carrying a MacBook in his hand. I was supposed to reach before him. And that's what was running in my mind as I ran full speed, adjusting my backpack, not giving a shit about the ones who were walking through the hall.

"Shit!" I shrieked, clutching onto something which more likely felt like someone's bicep.

It all happened so fast: one moment, I was about to enter the lecture room before the black-suited man, and the very next moment, I bumped into someone's back. The impact of the collision had me almost on the floor, but a pair of arms secured me from falling. I gulped, relaxing a bit that I didn't end embarrassing myself by falling when the corridor looked a bit crowded for my liking. A group of students made their way to the room opposite mine, and the sly smiles they shot towards me brought me back to the situation I was in currently.

I quickly shifted my attention to my savior (or not). The moment I looked at him, everything stopped. My savior was none other than the handsome curly-haired guy. My breath hitched. It was amazing how one person you never met or known before can have this much impact on your mind(or heart). He looked more handsome from up close. My eyes gathered all those minute details that it couldn't the first time. The milky white skin, the contrasting black eyes, and black curly hair scattered messily on his head. But that smug smile on his face is what made me recollect my haywire mind. I wasn't ready for this encounter. Hell, I didn't even take a shower.

"Done checking me out, princess?" he asked smugly in a deep voice that didn't fail to intrigue me. Everything about that guy had me captivated. If that's what it's called. And in between all that, what had my attention was - I couldn't make it to the class on time. You can't have all, can you?

"You wish," I replied curtly, detaching myself from his embrace that somehow was burning my skin, a feeling I didn't want to fathom. Not at the cost of him glorifying his handsomeness.

I took a deep breath and headed towards the class wanting nothing more than going back to the dorms, which was not an option.

"You know, a thank you would have been nice. After all, I did save you from hitting the ground face first." He mumbled and followed behind. That irked me slightly.

"Oh Yeah!" I replied, trying to cover up the annoyance as much as possible. "Thank you for ruining my efforts. Without your help, I would have reached my class on time. There you have it, thank you."

"Excuse you, I wasn't the one running with my eyes closed," he rolled his eyes and was straight up rude.

I rightly tagged him a jerk; he was one.

"Are you following me ?" I asked with a scrunched-up nose while heading towards the back door of the class. Entering from the front would have been more embarrassing.

"You wish, " he spat my words back. "I have to attend the same lecture. And since you are new here, let me give you a fair warning Mr. Andrews isn't very nice with the latecomers." He said with the same spine-chilling smirk as he walked ahead of me, leaving me behind in the same trance again.

He was in the same class as me, which meant I could make my observation without having the trouble to stalk him.

The thought made me relaxed and excited at the same time.