Chapter Eleven

Maybe I was blinded by rage, or it was the little alcohol I consumed, but my legs didn't hesitate to reach the one person I thought was done for the night. Jake was having the time of his life as the girl pulled his torso some more towards her body. The next thing I did was even unexpected to myself, I gave a push on his shoulder, who didn't budge from his place, but his makeout session did end.

"Don't you have any shame?" I shot at his unamused face. He had the girl pressed up against the wall, who looked at me with a bored expression.

"Who is this psycho?" the girl tutted. "Perhaps, you wanna join us," she gave me a look from head to toe.

"Leave!!" Jake detached himself from the girl, running a hand through his curls.

"Huh," the girl wasn't very sure for whom he intended. I wasn't leaving until I knew why he was an asshole to my sweet roommate. I crossed my arms and held my ground.

"Leave us for a second, Viv. I will come to find you, Yeah?" he brushed her cheeks with a smirk.

As soon as the girl left, he turned towards me, still keeping his unfazed expression. He took a few steps towards me, and that somehow made my throat dry again. His eyes fixed on me, and I wanted nothing more than to look away and leave. But a particular girls' teary eyes made my blood boil again.

"What's your problem?" he asked me.

"How can you make out with another girl in front of your girlfriend? Are you that big a jerk? A moment before, you were kissing her, and the very next moment, you pick up another girl. And your girlfriend is crying over there and getting herself drunk." I wasn't sure how I blurted out all the things without stuttering.

He looked where I pointed my finger and then back at me with a blank expression. There was a long silence before he burst out in a fit of laughter. I noticed a different side of him, a lighter side, something I thought didn't exist.

"What's so funny?" his laughter infuriated me.

"Leah is not my girlfriend and neither the one I was with a moment ago." his laughter died out, and there was that smug face again. "Not my problem that your roommate is so sensitive about something she shouldn't be. I don't do relationships, and everyone knows that. And before you charge me with another offense, I wasn't taking advantage of your friend. She was a willing participant. Why don't you go and ask her instead of interrupting my rather good time."

The fuck does that mean.

To say that I was shocked is an understatement. What was I expecting from a guy like him? But I didn't think Leah, a sweet innocent girl, would agree to be played by him. I needed to talk with her as soon as I left that obnoxious party.

I huffed at his face because my nerves were still super heightened. The rage wasn't dying, and I didn't know exactly why. He looked into my eyes again, and that was it. I turned to leave his presence. But obviously, things were not in my favor. The moment I turned, I was face first with him again. He came in front of me just in time to block my path, and the proximity had me taking a few steps back. His eyes were not leaving my face, and the way his milky white skin shined under the party lights, my eyes couldn't leave his face either. I don't know how we ended up in that position. My back hit the wall, and I realized he had me caged in the same way I found him before.

A gasp left my mouth the moment his face came closer to me yet not touching. I fisted my hand on the side, and as he moved his fingers over my hands, almost touching them but not really. Heat traveled all over my skin as his warm minty breath mingled with mine. I had never been this close to anyone, and I didn't know if I wanted to push him away or pull him towards me. I tightened my fists, digging my nails on the palm. I couldn't control the way my heart hammered against my chest, and soft tingles bloomed in my stomach in anticipation and excitement.

"You have beautiful eyes, Amelia Swan Henderson," he whispered near my ears, sending shivers down my spine. And very next moment, he stepped away, finally giving me the chance to breathe.

But before I could react to whatever that was, he disappeared into the crowd. I wanted to scream because I didn't want to feel the way I felt in his presence. Having him in my imagination was inevitable, but in reality, it wasn't supposed to be.

Meanwhile, what had me most shocked was that he called me by my full name. How the hell did he know that?