Chapter Thirteen

I woke up to a strangely relaxed feeling, the soft mattress and squishy pillows too comfortable to leave. But the moment I squinted my eyes, reality hit me real hard. I wasn't on the floor anymore. I looked beside me and gasped as Leah wasn't on the bed. A wave of panic rushed through me, and my head snapped inside the comforter wrapped around me. Thankfully I was still in the clothes that I wore last night. I took a sigh of relief and jumped off the bed. The interior looked rather dull, all black and white, but surprisingly, intricate paintings and pictures adorned the walls. It was slightly bigger and classier than the one I was in last night, which brought my attention back to Leah.

'How the hell I ended up in this room?' I cursed under my breath, putting on my sneakers, placed nicely beside the bed. Checking my cellphone, which was also lying on the nightstand, I headed out of the room. I needed to grab Leah and, of course, Elijah and head off the place before it came alive again. There was no sign of Leah in the room where we were last night, but of course, I had to embarrass myself to walk on Xavier and Jessie half-naked on the bed.

"Oh..shit...I'm sorry," I was quick to cover my eyes.

"Hey Amy, you are up," I heard some shuffling on the bed. "You can open your eyes now." I heard a chuckle from Jess.

"I'm looking for Leah. Do you know where she is?" I asked quickly.

"She left as soon as she woke up," she informed me, putting on her heels. "Also, we will drop you on our way. Could you please check on Elijah? I saw him heading downstairs earlier. We'll finish up and come down." I nodded and walked out of the room in a hurry, only to collide with someone's naked chest.

The skin under my palm and the burning sensation of the touch made me quickly retreat my hands, which had found their place on his body. I took a step back and looked up, only to meet with the same black eyes, the ones, which hold me captive every single time. But there was a new sensation at that very moment in the dimly lit hallway, as my eyes fell on his exposed torso. My attention fell on broad shoulders, toned muscles, dips of his abs, and most of all, the intricate patterns of his tattoos, which covered both sides of the ribs, his chest, and on the right bicep. My eyes raked over his body, and I gulped. I wasn't ready to see him like this. A shiver ran down my spine, more so when he stepped a little closer to me and smelled freshly showered. I got startled the moment his moist fingers touched my cheeks.

"W-what are you doing?" I stuttered and stepped back a little, but he reached out anyway.

"You have a little paint over here," he brushed my cheeks gently with a soft expression. I sucked in a breath the moment his cold fingers made contact with my skin.

"It's fine, now," he said, retreating his fingers, and I could see a shade of red on them.

How did I get dried paint on my face?

"Thank you, I guess," I said, heading down the hall, not feeling very confident in his presence.

"Goodbye, Amy," he sang mockingly. I headed downstairs without sparing him a second glance.

The entire frat house was a mess, half-naked bodies lying on the hallways, and not to mention the red cups decorating the place. I felt sorry for whoever was going to clean up the mess. I made my way downstairs, which was an even bigger mess, and my eyes fell on Elijah sitting on the couch holding his head. He looked in pain. The hangover is a thing, not that I had experienced it.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked him, taking an empty seat beside him.

"No, my head hurts," he groaned. "I don't remember much from last night."

I wondered how eventful his night must have been but didn't want to get into the details. We waited there for the couple, and it took them a good ten minutes to come down. They looked fresh, unlike us. On the way outside, my eyes met Jake, who was standing at the base of the stairs. He averted his gaze the moment I caught him staring and scratched the back of his head, making his way towards the kitchen.

Was he staring at me?