Chapter Eighty-One

Jake

Perhaps, I had finally found the cure for my aching heart and a leash for my brazen mind.

I woke up in the middle of the night due to an excruciating ache in my gut. Making love with double-digit stitches on your stomach wasn't such a great idea. But boy, if it wasn't a euphoric feeling at the same time. I stared at Amy, snuggled up in my arms. She was sleeping peacefully, while I couldn't stop re-living our lovemaking. Her warm breath tickled my neck from how close we were. My one hand was draped around her bareback while her fingers entwined with my other hand.

Her presence beside me had a soothing effect in my heart, and I couldn't stop admiring how beautiful she looked in her sleep. Her long eyelashes touching her cheeks lightly, and for some stupid reason, it once again heightened my sense. Remembrance of the previous night flooded my mind, and I couldn't help the smile that followed. I had a lot of things to regret but not the moment we created.

I cupped her face carefully not to stir her up and brushed my thumb on her cheeks. Her chestnut hair looked darker against her glowing skin, something I couldn't resist smelling. The faint scent of coconut, they smelled of coconut, and I had never been a fan of them until now.

My wounds didn't sting anymore. Even if they did, I had found my drug. As my eyes drifted to the faint marks on her neck and collar bones, I frowned. Maybe, I went too far with her. Not that I wanted to, but with her mere touch, all the walls of my control kept crumbling down.

Before she fell asleep fully satiated, she had said I was the only one. She had said I was hers' and I would be lying if it didn't want me to go for round two. But I knew it was her first time, and I didn't want our first time to be anything other than beautiful. Later I changed into a fresh pair of boxers, took care of her, and tucked her in bed beside me. She hummed in content, pulling me closer, and buried her head in my chest. All the while, she was careful enough not to put any pressure on my wound.

Amy was beautiful, caring, and so very loving by nature. She was gentle but wild too. I wanted her in my life, from my head to my heart and my bed. I wouldn't settle for anything less. Maybe, she was my savior, my healer, and I had already started healing a little each second.

"We'll get through everything, poco a poco," I whispered against her forehead and nudged her cheek with my nose, inhaling her scent as much as possible.

As I looked at the ceiling, my mind drifted to the box inside the basement of my house. All my childhood memories, my mother's pictures, her gifts, and the knitted garments she made for me were gathering dust in there. It was a cruel thing to do but also the only thing to keep her memories away.

Amy squirmed a little in her sleep. Her hand moved over my heart, up to my neck. She tugged my hair gently and placed a kiss on my neck. And just like that, she ignited me with a fresh rush of passion. There was only one other way to act on that feeling, to bind that insatiable emotion, and sleep seemed too far-fetched anyway. I untangled myself from her limbs, careful enough not to wake her, and slipped out of bed.

"I'll be back before you wake up, love," I mumbled, collecting some of her hair and twirled it around my fingers. Soft as silk, not just her hair but she as an entirety.

I pulled the covers over her before leaving the room with a promise to be there when she woke up.

~~~

Amy

"That fucking doesn't make any sense. Why would my father do that?"