Dubious Hearts, Doting Orbs.

Who's excited to read? Here you go!

Vote, before reading.

Kindly refrain from any sort of bashing.

I feel like the song above suits this chap, if not the whole story. One of my favourites.

Another long update-3800 words. And an early one. Treat me back with your comments. Even I'm surprised that I wrote so long chaps and that too without putting gaps.

*****

It takes seconds to break,
But an eternity to join, with a maybe included.

_Aastha.

___________________________________________

Third Person's P.O.V.

"Mr and Mrs Randhawa! What a surprise?" Jeevika greeted, almost hesitantly, to Ranjeet and Subhadra, not knowing why they are here after all this while, when they couldn't find it in themselves to visit their daughter even after she almost died and was rendered into coma for weeks. She shuddered silently, at the thought of that. It was heartless, purely heartless! How can parents do that?

[Quick reminder : Ranjeet and Subhadra Randhawa- Mehak's parents (not real). Niyati Randhawa - Her sister.]

Mehak, looked towards them in a snap after hearing the greeting. Her heart palpating all of a sudden at the appearance of another nightmares of hers. Niyati plainly smirked at her while the older Randhawas faked worried faces and Mehak was already wanting to have them leave. She was relieved to not find them anywhere near her, she wasn't willing to see their faces again. Not after they sold her, not after they ruined her life, not after they broke her dreams, not after everything they did to her, just to cause her harm.

All the theories of parents going out of their limits to provide for their children was disregarded when it came to these people. They were nothing close to the selfless definition of parents, and which is cause there was no surprise to her eyes that they didn't bother coming to her when she was fighting death. She didn't expect anything from these double faced people, and for eternals sake she didn't want to even look at their faces, but when was she ever that lucky.

Looking at their corrupted faces, she was just getting more reasons to regret life altogether. She was sure their visit had something evil again. And seeing Jeevika greeting them hesitantly, she sighed. Ofcourse maa was wondering where her supposed parents, where the supposed family was, when she was on the verge of death. And now after a month an half, they're here, which was a humour on it's own.

"Mrs Singhania, how are you? We came to see our daughter." Mehak stopped herself from turning her face away, abiding to Jeevika's presence as her father greeted Jeevika with an uneasy smile and trailing off short of words. Her maa was so sweet, and she didn't know whether it was good that she doesn't knows about the real faces of Randhawas or bad.

"I-I'm fine." Jeevika looked so uncertain again. She didn't understand what was happening. She couldn't stop her tears after seeing Mehak and here Mehak's parents are asking about her with no traces of sadness. She felt herself getting uneasy and angry at them. They almost abandoned their daughter when she needed them the most! Was there something amiss which she didn't know?

"Mehak, meri bachi, are you fine beta? Yeh kya ho gaya meri bachi ke sath..." The various emotions displaying on Jeevika's face alarmed Subhadra at once and she at once started her emotional drama knowing well that Jeevika was doubting her.