Extinguished Heartbeats.

Who's excited to read? Here you go!

A very happy janamastami. Is anyone fasting?

Caution : I don't know how it came out?

Silent readers, do vote and you'll get an early update as a treat.

*******

"An ache so deep, that absorbed every nerve of his, arresting him in the
endless depths of pain."

_Aastha.

___________________________________________

Aksh Singhania's P.O.V.

"It was your responsibility to keep him away!" I heard few faint voices coming towards the cubicle, and footsteps hitting against the corridor tiles.

"I did try! I don't know how he managed to reach her, when I made sure to not let him know." Another voice echoed in the corridors.

Rubbing my closed eyes furiously, I stood up from the floor, realising I was on the same position since I don't know how long, with my knees tucked close to my chest, head buried down with tears streaming away, and palms tucked over my ears in a desperate attempt to make the voice fade away. Scared, that the stabbed knife would plunge inside deeper, and wouldn't let me be sane, and I would face another major breakdown, I had hopelessly kept my eyes closed.

But, the voice had mercilessly kept dotting me with acidic profanities.

How can I fade away something which is inside me.

Knowing I cannot afford another breakdown, as it was crystal clear that they will take my rose away. The agonised sensation which I felt on not finding her, was still jolting through my veins. Another disappearance of my mehuu, might as well take away my sanity.

"Don't make excuses Dr Anurag! I vividly remember, I've told you to shift her to another hospital, but you didn't let me, stating bullshit! And now your so called criminal friend is conveniently present with her, inside her cubicle, and for I all I know, torturing her some more. She isn't safe with him! She needs to go far away from that criminal husband of hers!" The voices started becoming louder, as I heard the footsteps nearing. I realised that the booming voice was of Shourya's.

Releasing a painful breath, my fingers unknowingly reached to hold my rose. Interlacing my shivering fingers with her soft, cold ones, I tried to grasp her presence in my mind. Trying with all my might to feel her, to acknowledge that she was with me. That they didn't take her away yet. Just the thought of her being away, was creating a havoc of agony inside me.

Criminal.

I silently closed my eyes at that. Yes, I was my Mehak's criminal. Shourya was right, but the stung wasn't cause he adorned me with such a title. The stung was because the reality was again twisting the knife in my heart, that I destroyed her.

I next, remembered Anurag's words from earlier

Murderer.

Tears escaped my eyes silently. Yes, I murdered my rose. The most painful fact wasn't that they called me a murderer or criminal, but the sinking intensity of my rose's pain, that I killed her soul.

With burning eyes, I gazed at the door aimlessly, disoriented. After a torture of lifetime, the voice inside my head finally faded away, but the burns still lurked inside the curtains of my memories, and now after hearing that they are suspecting that I'm hurting my rose, put fire on my burnt heart again. They were not wrong anyways. After witnessing my marks on her, that's the most expected reaction.