The Fallen Stars.

Who's excited to read? Here you go!

I've written anything which came in my mind in this chapter. Fingers crossed.

Comments are the key for an early update.

Dedicated to awesomecupcake2004

****

"And the falling stars staged
a painful love story."

_Aastha.

______________________________________

"Monitor his vitals carefully. The heart rate shouldn't spike up, neither the glucose levels." Anurag instructed, while his eyes locking at the silently breathing frame of his best friend, or supposed best friend, cause he clearly didn't deserve his friendship.

But

One of the values Aksh instilled in him, was to never give up on someone who you value, and Anurag has been a witness to it. Aksh never gave up on the ones he loved, no matter what were the circumstances, no matter what he went through. He had seen him hiding his tears, yet consoling his family after Vansh's death.

He never let anybody know that he himself was breaking to the point of submitting to the hands of death, rather he held everyone together, ignoring his own heart breaking in every possible way. And for once, Anurag wanted to fight for their brutally battered friendship, for once he didn't want to give up, he wanted to be the one holding up, instead of Aksh holding him everytime.

This was the same man who stood like a shield when Anurag was orphaned, the same man who fought with his greedy relatives on the funeral when they wanted his custody cause of his wealth. A mere fifteen old Aksh, yet he battled for him, against all the greedy hands, lifting him on the dark days when the memory of his parents overwhelmed him.

Aarush was so right. He was always there for him, but Anurag failed to keep a mere faith on that same buddy. Why was he so blind towards him? Why didn't he ever see past his smiles? Why did he take his love for granted? Why was he never half of the friend, Aksh was to him?

"Doctor?" The nurse promptly nudged, looking at him taking deep breaths with clenched fist, the sight so unnerving to see the ever composed Anurag Batra like that. "Are you okay?" She asked, before glancing at doctor Ryashi entering. He nodded, moving his hand to squeeze Aksh's hand, "I promise I'll make it fine this time, buddy." He whispered, "Just come back. Please."

"Anurag." Ryashi beckoned, making Anurag sign the nurse to take over, before following her to his cabin, "There are no signs of recovery. It has already been three days. If anything, the vitals are worsening each passing hour. His ECG readings aren't steady either. We should be prepared for the worst." Ryashi confessed the words, he was so desperately trying to deny. She looked at him, while he kept his eyes transfixed on the wall.

"No." He answered after few painful seconds, "Anurag. You know the drill. You know where's it's leading to. We should break it to Singhania's. I don't think they could take the shock. Especially Aaru." Ryashi stressed, recalling the way Aarush fussed to reach Aksh after coming back to his consciousness.

"NO!" Anurag repeated, this time screeching out, "Why do you keep repeating this? He will be fine. And you'll see. He is just hurt, but he is Aksh Singhania, he could be going through hell, yet would not let his family be hurt. He will be back." His words sounded like a mock, where was this realisation when he displayed his hatred towards him?