My Babyrose

A rose is fragile,
But when the thorn itself pricks it
instead of protecting it.
It becomes lifeless.

_Aastha.

__________________________________________

Aksh Singhania's POV

I closed the cover immediately, unable to bring myself to read further just yet. My welled up eyes overflew with tears. I would have loved to give myself pain but my heart just cannot bring itself to read her pain when my Mehak was lying there battling between life and death. How much my beauty has suffered.

Why must the innocent suffer the most.

I held the diary close to myself and sobbed like a baby, not caring about the hospital staffs watching me breaking down and passing me sympathetic stares. The memories came back. All of it. All of my acts which was enough to suck the life out of anyone, passed in front of my eyes like a slideshow. My heart had its own way to torment me, by flashing those pain filled memories again and again, and everytime, I break down just like I did with the first realization of my sins. The pain never lessens. Never.

I sucked out life from her.

"Now you have tears to shed. You have emotions to pour. Where were they when you drained the soul out of her?" I whimpered when I heard Anurag's voice but didn't look up. I didn't have any courage to face him, knowing my sins are way past humanly nature, and he has every right to kill me with his words.

"He's just putting up a fake show, Anurag. Do you think he has a heart to feel any emotions? Let alone the pain of Mehak who he ruthlessly destroyed. His scars on her are in open now and I'm sure this all drama is to escape the clutches of law, afraid to be prisoned, as now we know about his brutality and evilness behind this popular face." I felt the air being sucked out of me when I heard mama saying this. Her voice didn't quiver once when she emotionlessly taunted me and staged my feelings as a drama. I closed my eyes unable to breathe and unable to stop the tears.

My own mother thinks my pain as an act of escape. Even though I don't have any right to complain but those words coming from my mama twisted the already stabbed imaginary knife in my heart, cutting my insides more and more.

"N-n..no." I shuttered while trying hard to grasp my breaths. "Mama n-no..." My lips mumbled in an desperate attempt and I looked up at my mum like a small lost child with hope. Hope, that she will see the truth in my eyes. Hope, that she soothe me like she did when I was a child. Hope, that she'll let me lay on her lap and have her comfort. But she looked away, unfazed of my teary begging eyes, shattering all my hopes. The small child in me broke to lose his mama once again.

"We're way past to be fooled by your facades Aksh." Anurag gazed at me with venom dripping from his voice. My body was shivering with each of their words. Black dots started envisioning my mind, and I realised I was barely breathing in oxygen  and next I knew that same darkness enveloped me, but before scumbing to it completely I clutched my mehak's dairy tightly.

||••~••||

"A second nervous breakdown, doctor. Within 36 hours." I heard a feminine voice questioning with surprise in her tone.

"You know very-" I heard the other voice speaking, probably the doctor, but she stopped when she saw me fluttering my eyelashes open. I looked around with tired eyes to see the doctor and an elderly nurse standing on each side of my bed. An IV was attached to my wrist.