Vanquished And Hysterical Heart.

Who's excited to read? Here you go!

Dedicated to starxdustyyy simply cause I'm her fan.

Special thanks to everyone who commented on last chapter.

A long update, almost equivalent to two updates. I'd appreciate if you'd comment. It helps me to write more.

****

"And she realized love was
the most excruciating form of pain."

_Aastha.

_

________________________________________

The metallic gun felt heavy on her fingers, the chaos around her being a blurred buzz of noises, as she stared at her hands. Her eyes opened wide, and the curtains behind the pooled tears opened, letting the show of tears befall on her cheeks. She felt herself jerk, before a cold hand enveloped her cheeks. She blinked, trying to decipher but the haunting memory of Aksh pressing the gun at his temple, for her, maliciously gripped her.

For her.

The feeling dawned upon heavily, trudging her heart with thumps of beats. The way he chose her above himself, the way he whispered rose when he was seconds away from shooting himself, the way he didn't think twice before giving up on his life, the way he shielded her with his body, the way he comforted her in the safety of his arms.

"Mehak!" Yuvdutt titled her face up, his hands cradling her face, "Thank heavens. You are safe." He chanted, looking at her for any injuries, before his eyes fell on the chains, "See what this bastard did." He cursed, "Give that to me, Mehak," He cajoled softly, trying to unwrap her fingers around the gun, but she didn't hear it, as he pulled it out of her weak hold. He shot the lock, freeing her off the chains.

His fingers moving across the red marks, "Mehak, are you okay?" He kept his voice soft, "Mehak?" He tried again when she didn't respond, yet staring at her hands. "Why would you hurt yourself like this because of him?" Yuvdutt almost begged when he didn't get any reaction out of her, "See your state. I don't know what all tortures you must have went through, just cause of that Aksh Singhania. He already gave you so many bruises, and now his family enmity leaves you like this?! Why do you let him affect you, Mehak, why?"

Yuvdutt paused for few seconds, looking at her with hope. He was losing it when he couldn't find her, "Mehak, please. Say something?" How could she say something when all she could think of, was Aksh, those enchanting gray eyes, the soft look, the love whispers. "Did Aksh did something, again? Did he say anything? Aksh-"

"Akshu." She acknowledged his name, blinking once again, and a tear trailing down. Yuvdutt's face fell, morphing into pain, looking at the way she took his name, and the tears falling. "It's about that Aksh again?" He closed his eyes, calming himself down, "Why don't you let him go? He had hurt you so much! You've such a bright future ahead, why are you hell bent on crying over him?" No response.

"I know you want to let it go!" Yuvdutt's voice became higher, "You don't deserve this pain! Look what has that psychotic joker did to you, just cause of Aksh! Look at these bruises Mehak! These are given by Aksh! He did this. He broke you. Then why don't you want to give me a chance? Why? Can't you see how strongly I feel for you? Why can't you see me for once Mehak?! I can keep you happy. I promise I won't hurt you. I know you don't love him anymore. Then why don't you let him go? I'll help you in forgetting him. He doesn't deserves you."