Punctured Hearts.

Who's excited to read? Here you go!

Note : Read the column with important heading at the end of the chapter.

Sighs : If I won't ask you to vote, would you not? 🙃 If possible, go back and vote on the chapters you haven't voted. It'd mean a lot. ❣️

Hope you enjoyed the sneak peeks.

Thank you for the beautiful cover. It means a lot. namieverse

*****

"A heart is what defines you,
makes you unique ~
It's an identity of 'you'."

_Aastha.

___________________________________________

Aksh Singhania's P.O.V

Perforating ache seeped inside my heart, as I stepped inside the eerie mansion. The aching eyes followed the trails of my path, as I sauntered inside, and I recalled the way I had dragged my rose along the corridors of same house. The way I had forced her to trod behind me on the stairs helplessly like a rag doll, not caring about how much will it pain her heels to hit the stairs roughly. Mirage of memories started swarming, as my eyes took in into another world of past memories.

~~~~~~~

"Aksh return back my dupatta."She was treading down the stairs, holding her long gown in her hands, and chasing me for her beloved piece of cloth.

"Take it, if you can rose." I stood at the end of the stairs, grinning at her, as she struggled with her long dress, to not trip on it.

"I'm getting late, Aksh!" She stopped in the middle of stairs, and widened her eyes to scare me. I laughed out loud at her futile attempt to intimidate me. Being childish with her is one of my many secrets which only my rose knows. I don't have to put the cold facade on my face. With her, I let myself free, even to the extent of throwing tantrums at her, knowing well she would not judge me.

"But I want you to stay home with me. Why must you agree for the shopping spree and ruin my much needed romance sessions?'' I turned my face away, letting her know, I'm adamant on not returning her dupatta.

"I'll come back soon, I promise."  She tried to negotiate but I looked at her mischievously.

"Promise?" And with that I lunged forward, ready to lock her in my arms and cancel all her plans, and she realised it all too soon, as she started skipping the stairs to escape me, as our giggles echoed in the whole house.

~~~~~~

A smile touched my dried lips, but I froze at my place, as I saw the happy image of hers fading away in the air, and getting replaced by horrible scene of me dragging her ruthlessly upstairs. The smile which was present on her face, blended with tears streaming down her face, and wobbling lips, as our giggles turned into her silent beggings and screams.

I ran behind my rose, and the devil avatar of me who was dragging my rose with so much roughness. I desperately asked him to let my rose go, screaming at my supposed monster self to stop hurting her. I stared at them horrifically, as my hands slipped past through them, as I tried to remove his hold on her. I clutched my rose's hands, trying to shield her, but my hands caught nothing but air.

I watched, with my voice constricting, as he led her away, right in front of me, and I couldn't do anything. I blinked my hazed orbs, and the horrid image disappeared. I walked numbly towards the room, where I had planned a surprise for my Mehu, for our anniversary. Heart constricting, as I realised I never got to let her see the present. I ruined everything, even before her heart would have bloomed.