#61

It happened so fast, one minute they were standing and the next they had all shed their skin into wolf form.

The attack came as a huge shock, but Ro was quick enough to respond.

In a flash, the wolves at the front were sent flying back by a heavy wind from Ro's open hands. However, the wolves directly behind me extended their claws to my neck, but at the nick of time, a wind in the form of a strong tornado carried them far into the woods.

I didn't even have time to think or react. The wolves came back to attack, one weird thing though was that they all had eyes for only me, they never tried to hurt or look in Ro's direction.

He, however, defended me, fighting them all and sending them flying away deep in the woods.

With a smile on my face, I turned to Ro to give him my thanks but didn't get the chance.

I heard it before I saw it, the horror on Ro's face confirmed my fear. Just as I turned back, I witnessed a mighty wolf already on the air just seconds away from biting off my head.

I couldn't scream as my voice was stuck between my throat. But I could hear and see my demise. I could hear my name from different places.

He was too far away and too late, and I wasn't quick enough to avoid it. Yet, just a breath away from me, the gigantic wolf crashed onto a barrier in the form of a wall of ice.

I gazed around confused, a wall of ice had appeared in front of me separating the wolf from me. But that wasn't all, a branch the size of a tree came out of the ground giving the wolf a mighty blow to its head, sending it flying to the air.

The wolf didn't crash to the floor as expected, it stopped in the air, floating almost four feet above me.

That's when I heard the voices again calling my name, I looked over and saw three figures with black capes. Not until one of them brought down his hood, did I realize who they were.

The three last captains. Jobber, Wulf, and Thazar were back from their mission, and it was they who saved me. Of course, it made absolute sense. Jobber had ice power, Tharza had plants and Wulf had Teek.

"KK!" Jobber screamed.

Did I just hear KK?

"Oh KK, I missed you so much, how are you? Are you okay? I hope that she-wolf didn't hurt you," he exclaimed while squeezing the life out of me in an exaggerated hug.

"Jobber... I miss you too, but could you maybe release your grip a little bit?" I chocked out.

"Ohh... I'm sorry KK."

"Uhh, I think you mean JJ."

"Yeah, that's what I said."

"I'm pretty sure you called me KK."

"Now, why will I do that?"

Oh boy!

"Hey human!" Wulf greeted with a nod.

"Come on Wulf, you can't still call me that," I grumbled.

"Why? You certainly are human, I can't call you otherwise."

"Well, you might find out I'm a special human."

"No, I don't think you are."

"Shame, I really believed I missed you for a second there."

Snickers were heard as I concluded our greetings, they didn't change at all, I turned to the last guy, who stood hands akimbo staring at the sky as if it were of great interest. It reminded me of how hard it was to notice Tharza, if, by some miracle you do notice him, you would be so convinced that he was a mute. He was just too quiet.