#56

"Wait, what? I don't understand?"

"You always wanted to go back to earth right?" 

"Uh yeah, but…" 

"Good, you now can," Dean said before leaving the room.

I couldn't believe it, I never once thought this day would come, and now that it had come, I wasn't as happy as I expected, I wasn't even happy. 

The others shook their heads and turned to leave the room.

"Wait! I don't understand why this is even happening, how did he even get to this conclusion from my fight!" I exclaimed, stopping them from leaving.

"This is not only about your fight JJ, but it's also you, we are all worried about," Enga replied.

"But why? I don't understand honestly, I'm confused." 

"We are trying to help you here JJ, with that kind of fight you pulled off, we are afraid you can't wear the hat that is placed on your head," Meg answered.

"Hat? What hat? You guys don't tell me anything? I'm totally confused, how can you make decisions concerning my life without even consulting me? How can you all be so self-centered? You think of just yourselves alone." 

"You think it's just your life that matters?" Jody exploded. " We all have lives, many people have died, their lives mattered too, we are not just concerned about you, the whole of Valhalla is facing what you can only imagine, you are the least of our problems JJ, it will be better if you just go." 

I stared at her in shock, that was the first time I had seen her that way, what she said hurt me more than I could tell, not long ago she wanted me to stay, what changed? Why was she so bittered? 

"I didn't know I was such a burden to you all, why did you even come for me if you felt this way about me? Oh… I just realized it, it wasn't me you were here for."

How could I forget? Their so-called guardian had also been missing, of course, it was him they were here for. 

"You don't know anything, do you? This world isn't a safe place for you, if that was a real-life battle you would have been killed faster than you can think. Do you realize that the girl you battled wasn't even part of the high-class wolves? She is just an omega, the lowest and weakest rank in this pack, and she beat you up like a little puppy," Jody replied. 

"Things are not what they seem JJ, you have no clue, one day you could be with your whole family and the next, they could be all gone, you don't want that do you?" Ro interjected.

"Yeah! That could only happen to someone who had a family. And I'm sorry I thought I had found one," saying that, I stood up from the bed and walked out, almost crashing with Dean who stood at the door, I walked past without knowing where to go, I guess earth it was.

I didn't want to cry, at this point I was meant to miss someone back on earth but I felt nothing of that sort, that wasn't my home, this isn't my home also. I felt dejected. 

I walked far away till I found myself deep into the woods. With all the beatings I had received, it was a wonder that I was all healed up, not even a scar had remained of my injuries. To be honest, I wasn't too surprised, with all the strange things happening to me, this wasn't too bad. 

I sat on the base of a tree, silently reminiscing about my life, that I didn't notice the footsteps until it was right behind me. 

"Hello," the person greeted.

It was the girl, my opponent, the girl I combated.

"Hey don't give me that look, I come in peace," she said raising her hands in surrender.