#50

With a loud gasp, I shot out of bed. I was doused in sweat and I clutched to my chest while taking in deep breaths; my heart raced as if I had run a thousand miles.

I tried calling for help but ended up in a spree of coughs. It felt like I was dying; I couldn't understand my bearings.

Someone came in, handed me a cup of water, and I gulped it down as fast as I could.

I could finally breathe, I took in deep breaths, relishing the feel of the cool water in my lungs.

I looked around, only to notice the strange room, I had woken up in.

It looked like a hospital room with two beds facing each other; I lay in one and the other was occupied by another girl.

"Hello Dear, how are you feeling?"
I flinched upright, upon hearing the hoarse voice of a woman standing beside my bed.
She was so tall, I had never seen any woman this tall in my life, she towered over me by a good ten feet. Well... I might exaggerate a little bit, but she looked like a huge mountain, with long golden hair.

"Hello, I know you are confused, but you don't need to be scared. You were brought here by your friend. You were unconscious for a while," She spoke with a hoarse voice dripping with a thick accent.

" What?" I questioned back.

"Oh, I'm Doctor Shina, the pack's doctor."

"Shina? Doctor? What's going on?"

"Hold on, I'm going to get the others, I'll be back." Her accent was a weird one, She rushed out of the room, and came back not a minute later with Dean and another huge man, who was covered in tattoos of different sizes and shapes.

I sat up straight, looking at Dean in puzzlement.

He didn't say anything, he simply stared me down. I turned to the other man and looked at him with raised brows. He was part of the group of men we had seen in the woods, he had a shaved head with tattoos scattered across the tan skin on his face.

"Do I have something on my face?" The unmistakable dark rumbles came out of his mouth. I choked on my breath on hearing it. What the hell? He had the voice of a viper, not that I knew how a viper sounded, but I could imagine it was that deep.

The Doctor chuckled at seeing my reaction, while Dean stifled a laugh, but I was still left with a gaping mouth.

"Well... How are you feeling?" The doctor asked.

I cleared my throat before answering her, "I'm fine, I don't know why I'm here in the first place."

" What do you remember last, can you tell me?"

"I remember running in the woods, from some wild wolves, then being kidnapped, and everything else is kind of blank."

" Okay, you don't remember how you got out? And everything else?"

"I don't. What's the problem? Is something wrong with me?"

"No, not at all, I think you are still in shock, it's a way of dealing with things, you just need to rest and everything will come back to you.

I was given more water and food, I ate as I had never before. Even though the soup tasted like a mixture of toothpaste and bitter leaf. I still ate it all and even asked for more.

After that, I slept off, dreaming about seeing myself at a beach with real dudes serving me.

-----------

I woke up to the sound of whispers.
"Stop that, you are going to wake her up!" Someone whispered.

"I'm trying to sing her a lullaby, it's you who will wake her with your irritating bark!" Another voice answered.