#52

As much as I wanted to run along with everyone to the pack boundary, I couldn't, or rather, my body couldn't grant me that wish. I needed as much rest as I could get. That was the reason I was back at the hospital bed laying anxiously, waiting to find out who the visitors were. 

"Will you stop that already!" Someone said, startling me.

I turned to face the opposite bed where Anna, one of the twins, lay, the one with bandages. 

"Huh?" 

"Your feet, you keep tapping it continuously, it's distracting." 

"Oh, sorry about that," I grumbled out. I could tell that she didn't like me, she never spoke directly at me, or even if she did, she was always rude. 

The awkward silence in the room increased my anxiety but I wasn't going to start up a conversation with her if she was simply going to ignore or talk me down, so I occupied myself by playing with a loose thread on the bed sheet while humming a rhythm. 

"Where did you hear that song from?!" A loud shout interrupted me.

"What song?" I asked her.

"The one you sang just now." 

What was her problem? Why was she suddenly angry and demanding? It's just a song.

"What is wrong with it, you don't like it?" 

"I said where in the bloody moon did you hear that song from!" By now she was directly in front of me pinning me down with her angry stare. 

"What is wrong with you for God's sake, it's just a stupid song!" I was fed up with her character, standing up wasn't as easy as I imagined, but I managed, how would I remember where I learned all the songs I knew from. 

Glaring at her one more time, I limped out of the room. 

Stumbling around like a lost puppy through strange halls was draining but eventually, I found myself outside.

I stared at the sight before me with a dropped jaw. Men, women, and children of all ages were scattered around, that wasn't the most surprising. It was what they all were doing, each of them was either shirtless or with less clothing, and all attacked each other. I mean real attack, some of them were brawling, combating, biting heads off, and cutting limbs. If I ever thought Valkyries were violent, I had no idea what to call this. I could see a couple of three to five-year-olds all on each other. 

Then as if influenced by some sort of magic, they all turned to me, I could tell that they were all confused even without the whispers.

I regretted leaving the room, their stare was just like that of Anna, only worse because this time it wasn't one person alone. 

But all of a sudden my regret turned into joy and the deepest form of happiness, not just because they all turned their attention from me, but because of who they focused it on.

Walking towards me like models from a runway were the captains or rather, some of them. 

Tears had gathered in my eyes by the time they were a few feet in front of me, I couldn't believe how much I missed them. A strong warmth filled my heart just watching Meg, Jody, Ro, and Enga walk towards me. Their steps matching the pace of my heartbeat, I had not felt this much joy for a long time.

I couldn't wait any longer, so with tears pouring down my face, I jugged towards them. It was Jody that reached me first and before I knew it we were in the tightest embrace ever. I sobbed as I hugged her, turning to Meg, I hugged her just as tight while she ruffled my hair.