#10

The journey wasn't long. It had been just three hours and a thirty-minute flight. The first hour was spent eating, and I slept for the remaining hours.

We were now in the hotel my mom arranged for us. It was late, but I didn't want to sleep yet. And so, I went to the psychos' room with a small bag holding all my plans. We had to discuss what was going to happen.

On reaching the door, I knocked, and the door was opened by Wulf.

I sat on the couch, took out the walkie talkie and the special earpiece, and gave them one each.

"So this is our plan for tomorrow. The exhibit is going to be crowded, so we will need some form of communication. That's where these come in.

"You just insert these in your ear, then press this button here, which connects it to the others. To speak or deliver a message, you press the big button here.

"I'm only here as your ticket to enter the building. I'll also help in locating Mr. James. But whatever you do after that is none of my business. After we get to Mr. James, I will leave you to complete your mission. After that, we depart.

"There are two events for the exhibits. The first is where the clothes and jewelry are showcased, while the second is the dinner party and auction.

"So in the first event, we observe and make plans. If there is an opportunity to get to him, then you take it. Or we wait for the next opportunity while making preparations. But no one must know that I was ever part of it, okay?"

They all nodded.

"You don't have to worry about that. You've helped us so much and we are truly grateful. We will try our best to help you too, and you won't be in trouble. I promise," Meg said, with full conviction on her face.

We talked some more before I went back to my room to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning with excitement coursing through my veins, I was pretty hyped up. It had been a while since I felt this good in the morning.

Picking up my phone, I called. This was the last step of the plan.

Five minutes later, I heard a knock. I opened the door, it was the delivery man. I collected the package and signed a sheet.

I placed the package on my bed and went to take a shower.

When I was done, I dressed in a simple yellow summer dress. I was going to change again later anyway. I picked up the package and went to the psychos' room. Before I even knocked, the door was thrown open and Jody looked back at me.

"Good morning, JJ," she said smiling.

"Hey, morning. I have a special package for you guys. And it's the most important part of my plan," I replied grinning widely.

Entering the room, I set the package on the bed and opened it. It was perfect, just how I wanted it. I picked one of each and gave it to the future-owners and explained what they should do with it. Then I headed to my room and waited for my dress to arrive.

A few minutes later, I heard a knock. I was excited.

"Come in," I announced. Strolling in were my three psycho bodyguards, all in black tuxedos, black tie, and black glasses. They looked perfect. I giggled like a little kid.

"Do we have to wear these?" Wulf asked.

"Do you want a get into the building or not?" I countered, smiling in accomplishment.

Another knock on my door indicated that my dress had arrived. I rushed to the door.

I expected to see a delivery person but was met with the chauffeur that drove us yesterday.

"Good morning miss, your mother is expecting you now."

"Huh? But I thought I was to dress here?"

"No miss, she is expecting you at the venue right now."

"Ok, just a minute please."

I went in to pick what I needed and headed out with my 'bodyguards' in tow.

Upon reaching the venue, I was literally dragged into the dressing room and different people started pulling, dragging, and pinching me. Someone was doing my hair, another was on my face, another on my nails. Woah... For only attending the show, it was too much.

That's when my mom entered.

"Jade, we have been waiting for you. You are late. You should have been on stage already."

"Wait, what? What do I do on the stage?"

"Catwalking, of course."

"But I said I was going to wear your dress, not be a model for one."

"What good will come from you just wearing my dress? Of course, you have to model. Now stay quiet so they can fix you up quickly."

I brought this on myself so I couldn't argue. I turned around slightly. I couldn't see the psycho's in the dressing room.

"Oh, and when you made a mention about security, I didn't know you meant real security, like bodyguards. Anyway, they are outside the door, waiting," she said noticing my worried look.

When they were done, I was forced into a very big but beautiful dress. It was an off-shoulder shinning gold ball gown. It was so pretty, I expected it to be rough or hard, but it was surprisingly soft. I loved it.

My makeup and hair were on point. I was wearing a really pretty necklace that looked like it had diamonds. I looked so beautiful. "Wow..." I couldn't help but admire myself.

Before I could fully appreciate my beauty, I was pulled out of the room. And before I could even think of what I was to do, I was walking down the runway.

My feet were killing me, I felt as if I walked a thousand miles. Going back to the dressing room was a huge relief, I was tired.

Opening the door to the dressing room, I was met with the psychos who looked like they were discussing something very important. They didn't even glance at me. I wondered how they got everyone out of the room.

Taking long strides, I hurried to them.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked.

That's when they finally turned to me.

"The power orb is here," Jody answered.

"Yeah, I know. That's why we are here to find the man and ask about it, right?"

"No, that's not what I mean. It's here in this building, like right now. We can feel its aura, and it is very strong."

_____________________________

Dun dun dun... the power orb is there?

That was it psycho loves.

Till next time!

Signing out,

Marve