#15

We walked in silence. I couldn't even recall whatever happened after the mention of their so called Elders. How I was even convinced to leave that room is still a mystery.

I hated the Elders. They were the cause of every misfortune happening in my life, and even the psycho's. I hated them all, they were at fault for everything.

Lost in thought, I didn't notice that they had stopped walking. Stumbling back. I stopped myself from face planting on Meg's back.

She turned to me " JJ, I know that you do not trust us. You even hate us right now, but I really need you to believe that we never meant for things to turn out this way. I know it doesn't mean much to you, but believe me, I made a promise to you, once, and I will do whatever I can to fulfill that promise. "

I couldn't say anything, I just nodded, I believed them once, I wasn't going to easily do that again.

"And another thing, listen very carefully."
I listened attentively to her next words,

"The Elders are not exactly as you see them, don't bring unnecessary attention to yourself. They are not as they seem.
"Whatever happens in there remember to always keep your head down, and your mouth shut. I will do all the talking. Only when asked a question should you speak, and most of all.

Expect the unexpected.

Your life literally rests on the hands of the Elders."

Looking at me one more time, she opened the door to my fate.

It was a big hall, I could see the headmaster, not far away from the door.

"Come this way, Wulf whispered, leading me towards him. He stood in front of another big door in the hall. Even the door, looked scary. I noticed that Jobber didn't enter with us.
Pushing the door open, she ushered me in.

With all the talk of the great Elders. I expected to see big ugly horrendous creatures. But I was so wrong.

They looked like normal humans. Well, they were not humans, obviously. But they looked pretty normal to me.

Four sets of faces greeted us, as we stepped in. They were all seated behind a long table. They all looked to be around their mid forties or so.

The first thing I noticed was their glowing golden eyes.

There was a woman and three men all dressed in white.
"Damn it, this is freaky," I thought.

Looking from the left. Was a man with dark skin and shaved head. He was huge. Not your regular six foot huge, No, he was bigger than huge. He was seated, but I swear, if I should stand close to him, he would still be taller. I could even see some muscle on his shaved head.

His eyes were on me. He looked at me as if challenging me, I was almost tempted to glare at him. But remembered my life was on the line here.

Next to him was another man. He had the brightest golden eyes amongst them all. With, cut short blonde hair. Apart from that, he looked normal. But, it was how he stared, it was unnerving.

He stared at me as if he was a scientist and had just found a new specimen. I felt uncomfortable, he did not just stare at my face. He was freaking studying me, all my movement. From the twitch of my fingers, to the blink of my eyelash. My god!!

I know I was warned to keep my head down. But come on, if I was going to die, at least let me see the faces of my killers.

Next to him was a woman. Woah! Of them all, she looked the most normal. Her eyes were a soft gold and were kind, before now, I didn't even know how someone's eyes showed kindness. There was a hint of a smile on her heart shaped face. She had a long ginger, red hair.