#51

Uneasy. That's how I felt. I didn't know why, but I was very skeptical.

We were sitting around a squared table. Alpha sat at the head of the table, while Dean sat opposite him. Chief Oba, the doctor, the twins, Benji, and I occupied the other seats.

"You should start speaking now," Dean announced.

After getting affirmation from Alpha, Chief Oba began. " First of all, I am deeply sorry for your loss, we understand how much pain it is to lose someone dear to us, but it must feel much more since she was your imprint."

At his proclamation, whispers broke out on the table. "What do you mean imprint?" Benji asked. " What? But how? Anna questioned.

I was confused by all these, what did he mean by imprint? They all looked nervous, all except Alpha and Dean. While Alpha looked at me like I was heaven-sent, Dean looked at me as if he had found the missing piece to his puzzle. He stared at me as if he found my deepest secret, and with the sly smile on his lips, I knew that whatever he was thinking wasn't a good thing.

"I don't understand, what is an imprint?" I asked.

It was Lily that spoke next. " We werewolves believe in the power of a bond. And there are different types of bonds, with different strengths and abilities attached to it.

Every werewolf is connected through a bond, which is called a werewolf bond. But this is the weakest bond. Though we all are connected through that bond, we don't share anything, we can't even mind-link with another pack except through a new bond."

"What's a mind-link?"

"It's communicating through the mind, instead of talking out loud, we can simply talk through the mind. And that is where the pack bond comes into place.

There are a total of four packs in the werewolf kingdom all headed by the Alpha and Luna of said packs. Each member of a pack is connected through the pack bond, we all can freely communicate through the mind link, and we all feel each other, if ever something happens to either of us, we would be able to feel it if said person permits it."

"Wow, okay, let me get it straight. If I was your pack member, and I fell and injured my knee, you all would feel it?"

"Well... no. We won't feel your knee injury, only the discomfort, and fear it causes you, meaning when a pack member is in real danger, anyone in the pack can feel it and come to his or her aid."

"Cool!" I replied impressively.

"It's similar to the Valkyries, only that for Valkyries, it's just pain that can be felt."

"What?" I turned to Dean to question him.

After exhaling a long sigh he spoke. "The Elders are the highest authority, so if one of them is in an impossible, immense pain, we all feel that pain greatly. Then the kings and queens of the different dynasties are next, the higher up you are, the more your pain is felt. The greater the pain, the more Valkyries feel it."

"So you mean if I should cut your finger there are some Valkyries that would feel the pain?"

"No, no one but I would feel it. When I talk of pain, I mean a great deal, it mostly isn't physical pain, and the pain has to be one which I cannot bear, only if it exceeds my strength do others feel it. Just so you know, no pain is above my strength."

"Tsk tsk..."

I scoffed at him and turned to the others, he just had to have a big ego. He should just wait and see, when I'm done with him, the whole of Valhalla will feel his pain.