#62

Night came all too quickly, and we all retired to our beds.

I found it hard to stop thinking of all that had happened.  Ever since I stepped into this world, I almost always find myself in life threatening situations, and today, I had escaped by pure luck. If Ro hadn't been with me, or Jobber hadn't appeared in time... I shivered just thinking about how far apart my head would  have been from my body. 

It wasn't long before sleep found me, but just like always, I wasn't humbly welcomed into the dream world.

~~~~~~~~~~

I found myself in a strange, unfamiliar land... no scratch that, it wasn't unfamiliar,  it was a place I had unfortunately visited before.

The unending vast field,  filled with overgrown dry plants stared back at me. 'What the hell' I thought.

Just then, my beautiful, and annoying pest, graced me with her presence. She came barging into my head with the grace of a falling angel.

"Redder something is wrong."

"Of course something is wrong Cicero, in case you hadn't noticed we are once again lost in a nightmare."

"Don't be stupid Redder,  I'm talking about this place,  something is wrong with it."

That's exactly when my fingers began to tremble from the effects of my good ole tingles.

'Shit, what now? ' I thought bitterly.

"This is where you run Redder, whatever it is isn't a good thing."

I did as advised,  or rather tried to, but my legs wouldn't move.  'What the bloody hell is going on? ' Terror gripped me hard, the tingles moved upwards to my shoulders indicating the high level of danger.

The more I tried to move, the harder I was stuck. Then I felt it.

Something was slowly crawling up my feet. No, not crawling,  it was wet and sticky, and it was growing around me, it wasn't water as its thick red color made a statement. 

The plants around me began to shrink and fall, and I stood glued to a growing pool of red liquid around me.

'Red liquid?   Oh my God! It couldn't be what I think!  It couldn't be blood. ' But as it kept increasing towards my waist at a fast rate, I realized it was blood.

The whole field was already covered. Instead of a dry land with dry plants, it was a sea of blood already at my shoulder level, and I still couldn't move my feet.

Mustering all the strength in me, I fought the numbness in my legs, calling to whatever powers I possessed to help me, but of course nothing happened and the red liquid had already covered me whole.

'I can't die, no, this is a silly dream, I will awake soon. ' Even as much as I tried to assure myself,  I knew it was a lie, I wasn't safe anywhere,  not even in a dream.

I stretched above the blood to drag in a huge amount of air before going back into the sea. I had to do something.

I could feel the rest of my body except my legs, so if only I could get my feet unstuck, then I might be able to use my arms to propel my body upwards.

So with determination, I reached for my sneakers, and as fast as I could, I unlaced it. Trying to get my legs out of the shoes proved difficult, my breath began to seize and a strong wave of dizziness hit me at once.