#36

They charged at each other. Running so fast it was almost a blur.

Everyone was quiet, the atmosphere was tense.

Dean ran with an almost impossible speed, but at once he bent backward, maneuvering his body to the point his back was almost touching the ground.

The reason for his reaction came almost immediately. A long spear appeared in Vic's hand from nowhere slicing the air, where Dean had once been.

"Woah!" I couldn't help but exclaim, how did he even see that coming? And most of all, how did he react so quickly?

They exchanged positions and began to circle each other.
My heart hammered in my chest in expectation of what was to come.

All of a sudden, Dean burst to Vic with a more incredible speed, with a sword in hand.

Now, just where did that come from?

He struck Vic with the sword, but Vic easily sidestepped him, and attacked with his spear, stabbing the space Dean had just left.

It became a battle of who dodges more. Vic stabbed, Dean, sliced.
Vic jumped, Dean dived.

I tried hard to keep up, my eyes even became teary at a point, because I wasn't blinking.

I stared in wonder at Vic, as he barely escaped a knife that hurled at him out of nowhere. But even then, it didn't stop him from sending a powerful strike of his spear into Dean's chest.

The whole arena became pin-drop silent. I stared in shock at what I just witnessed.

Dean did not fall to the floor as I had expected, instead, a loud humorous laugh echoed. And I just realized it came from Dean's mouth.

"Wow, Now this is a fight I'm willing to put any effort into." His voice rang with mock anticipation.

I wanted to laugh, but what rang in my mind was, he wasn't putting in effort?

As if with a switch, the large smirk on Vic's face dropped into a scowl.

Dean reached out to the spear on his chest and brutally pulled it out. Almost immediately, the cut on his chest healed.

My mouth hung open wide, throughout the exchange. To say I was shocked was an understatement.

Without warning, they crashed at each other again, but this time, without a weapon.

Vic went low and grabbed Dean's legs in the process. He did a 360 turn and flung Dean a good twenty feet away, and Dean crashed into the iron bars separating the field from the stalls.

He bounced off the floor, landing on his feet with a little annoyance on his face. He looked like he just scraped his nails.

But Vic wasn't sitting back to wait for Dean to regain his strength, and he attacked once more.

Dean, however, was fully ready for Vic. Just as Vic neared him, he leaped himself, and took to the air, jumping over Vic, while extending his legs and kicking Vic to the head, sending Vic crashing down on the barricades.
He landed with a smirk, and vigorously raised his hands in the air as the crowd cheered for him.

Turning back, Vic had a sword in hand, and raised it high in the air, before charging at him.

Vic, pushed Dean back as he swung his sword too and fro. Then Dean twisted his body to the side and grabbed the wrist of Vic holding the sword, he went low still holding the wrist and bent to an awkward angle, but his full weight was placed on the twisted wrist. Making Vic drop the sword.