#37

"Redder!! He is in danger!  Redder!"

Cicero kept screaming in my head.

Even without her alarm, it was obvious. Aside from the fact that the whole arena was screaming out of fear for Vic. And apart from the fact that even the elders who had been sitting stiff on their couch as if they had no feelings,  were up on their feet with jaws dropped just like the rest of us. And the terrified look on the face of Vic himself. And also the fact that my whole body was shaking due to the shock of the tingles.

I could see it for myself, Dean was engulfed in flames. Not just any flames, but blue flames.

Just before the huge fireball reached Vic, Jody appeared in front of him, and in a split second she disappeared again and Vic had gone with her.

Sighs of relief were heard all over the arena. But the worry shot up just as fast when Dean was sighted once again.

He fell to his knees, releasing an agonizing scream. Tears filled my eyes, without even understanding what was going on.

I felt a piercing pain in the middle of my head, and then, it spread to the marrow of my chest. It wasn't just a sharp pain.  It felt like a hot burn, or hot air passing through me, from my head to chest and back again.

I closed my eyes tight, as tears flowed from it. Clenching my chest, I prayed and hoped for it to cool off. I tried to imagine it cooling off, but it wasn't working.

"Hey, Redder,  let's try something, shall we?

Try to picture yourself putting off a fire, or to cool something down. What will you do if something is too hot, and you want it cold?

On a normal circumstance, I wouldn't have listened,  but here I was trying to visualize what she tried to convey to me.

So I imagined myself  pouring a bowl of ice cubes on my chest and head, and waiting for it to cool. I poured it directly at the center of my chest where it hurt the most.

Just immediately the bowl of ice reached my chest,  it cooled off. Like magic.

I looked around to notice the confused and alarmed look on my friends' faces.

Blue, looked panicked, and even Taylor had tears in her eyes.

"What happened to you JJ,  we have been trying to get your attention for over five minutes now." Taylor cried out.

"Oh! Eh, I was tired, so I decided to take a nap?"I responded, clearing my throat.

The look they gave me was clear, they didn't believe me. Even if I was to say the truth, I don't think it will be taken well.

So I tried to change the topic.
"Hey, what about Dean and the fight? What happened?"

That did it,  because they moved their attention from me, to the field, where a now calm and fire less Dean stood with hands in the air and a very broad smile.

What the heck?

Everyone was on their feet looking as confused as I was. Until Jody and Jobber appeared in front of him with a bow.

"Ladies and gentlemen,  Valkyries and Non- Valkyries,  that was a spectacular play, by our one and only Prince Dean.

Apparently,  since he was going to win, he had to add  a little drama to it. So what do you all think, with our little ending!"

The whole arena jumped up and down with shouts and claps, showing their excitement. Blue, Taylor and Sammy all forgot about me. And Jobber declared the tournament officially started.