#26

"I can't believe I slept through the class, but it wasn't really my fault though, I'm not cut for 'meditating'. I mean, who even likes it. Just sitting quiet and doing nothing." I complained to Blue as we walked to the cafeteria.

"I believe many people actually love it JJ, and what happened to you earlier on? You gave me quite a scare."

"What happened? Oh, that's what I have been trying to tell you. It was too boring for me, I don't like quiet places, so I slept like a baby,"  I replied laughing softly.

But she stared at me in surprise,
"You mean you only slept?"

"Yeah, I told you before, it's not my fault, I am not like you guys, it was quite boring for me, since I have no powers to communicate to."

But she didn't look convinced, I wondered why?

I didn't bother to question her, because we arrived at the cafeteria door. My last encounter here wasn't a nice one, so I was sort of  anxious.

We entered into the hall, and just like before, it was filled up. We received our food and sat at a table with a bunch of people.

" Hey " Blue greated them."  Meet JJ, and JJ,  these are my friends.
Dell, she said, pointing at a girl with short red hair, cut in a bob with uneven bangs.

"Hi," she replied unenthusiastically.

"And meet Sammy," a boy with big glasses and a large, pouty lip with a big stock of blonde hair on his head, smiled at me and said a little hello.

Next was the fire girl from the gift class." And she is Taylor," looking at her up close, I realized she was beautiful, with her  pretty long orange hair, and hazel eyes.
"Oh, hello JJ, it's nice meeting you. So quick question, coffee or tea?"

"Huh?" I was shocked,  I didn't expect that.

"I mean, do you prefer coffee or tea. And don't you dare say tea or I will  use this fork to pluck your pretty eye balls out." She stated with a full blown grin.

Woah! What was her name again?  Yeah, psycho.

"Oh, I- I,  uh, I love coffee, I mean it's the best, like who in their right mind would prefer tea. Coffee brings out the flavor in your, uh.. In your dish, yes in your dish. And it gets your brain all ready for beauty, and, uh life." I replied out of breath.

But they all burst into laughter at that. And, Taylor squealed,
"I like you, words of wisdom. Coffee definitely gets our brain ready for beauty," she said still laughing.

"And don't forget life, it gets our brain ready for life." Sammy said, and they all burst into another peal of laugher.

Apart from that, lunch was uneventful, and we were done before I knew it.

Blue followed me again to the garden door, then bid me farewell.

I continued into the garden and met Mr headmaster sitting on his chair. As usual, he spared me no glance, but pointed at the bush.

I picked up the matched and went to work.

Let's say, I thought it would be easier, since I had done it the previous day. But easy is not the word I will use to describe it.

It was as if, the more I cut it, the more it increased,  I kept going back and forth, I was sure now. Somehow this bush was growing back as I cut it. So frustrating.

My arms were already sore and I had blisters all over my delicate fingers.

I was restless, looking at the place I just cleared, it had grown already.  What the hell. I looked at the headmaster to see that he didn't even care, he was still sitting with eyes closed.