#27

I stood, staring at the tall trees that surrounded me, the moon shined, illuminating the shadows of the leaves as the wind blew it from side to side.

The chilly evening air made me shiver, I hunched my shoulders, and with chattering teeth, I blew on my cold hands to at least create warmth.

Where the hell was I?  I walked forward to try and get my bearings.  I didn't remember coming here at all.

I kept strolling round the forest, maybe I would find someone. The place was very quiet, the only sound made was of my footsteps as I walked. Not even the chirps  of birds could be heard.

I stopped walking to listen, and I became frightened,  the place was freaking silent.  The howl of the wind wasn't heard and the sound of the leaves blowing, stopped.

Just as soon as I realized that, my hand exploded. The tingles where powerful,  it spread rapidly to my arms and went down to my feet.

I had never felt anything like this before,  my heart pounded uncontrollably, the cold evaporated leaving me in a sweaty mess. My legs couldn't hold me anymore and I fell.

I stared up at the night sky, only to realize that there was no moon, the stars stared back at me as if to mock me. Why I even thought that? I didn't know.  I was scared.

A thick fog started to surround me, it got so thick that I couldn't see pass three feet. But just as fast as it came, it started to disappear.

What is going on please,  I was scared,  I shivered. Not of cold, but of  fear.

As the fog disappeared,  a ripple of terror gripped me so hard that my whole body vibrated from the shock. What flowed through my body was way passed tingles, it wasn't even an itch. I was on fire, from my head down to the tip of my toe, felt the heat.

Staring down at me from a tree not too far away was a woman, if I could call her that.

She had a white face, I don't mean a pale face. No, I mean it was white. She was perched on a branch, sitting with legs crossed.

She held what looked like a hand fan, only that it was sharp on the edges. In her other hand was a long staff with a skull perched on it.

She had a black crown on her head with golden designs on it.

"What could turn a warrior weak?" A very husky ghost like voice whispered.

Her voice sounded like it came from my head, it echoed loud and clear in my head, and she wasn't moving her mouth.

"What could make a heart sink?" She whispered again.

"What could make the hands bleed" she finished,  and jumped down from the tree, landing a few feet in front of me.

I screamed as loud as my vocal cords could go. And took to my heel.  My legs were boosted with an energy that was unknown, and I ran even faster than I could see.  It wasn't natural, but I didn't care, as long as I got far from that woman, I was grateful.

With a speed like that of a lightning bolt, I expected to at least go far, but as I turned my back to look at the woman, I saw her laughing and walking towards me.

I was fast, very fast. But she didn't even need to run.

I used every energy I had, and increased my pace. I ran and ran. But each time I stole a glance at her, she remained behind me.