Chapter 23.

Stacey's POV.

I don't know why he is acting weird all of a sudden. I agreed for Angel to be homeschooled so why is he acting so cold towards me. Someone must've ruined his mood while he was out.

I spend the whole day with Angel but I didn't get a chance to tell Angel about the fact she will be home-schooled.

"Angel, please be careful. I don't want you to hurt yourself." I sat her down. "Don't jump around, you still healing."

"Yes, mommy." She kissed me. 

"Can I tell you something?" I asked her and she nods her head smiling. "You not going to be going to school anymore." 

"Yes!" She jumped up and I sat her down again.

"Angel, you shouldn't celebrate about something like that." I told her.

"Mommy, I don't like school." She replied.

"Well, you still going to be getting schooled." I said. "Angel, you will be home-schooled."

"My school will come here!" She started crying. "I don't want to study at home."

"Angel, you need to be educated. Stop being a naughty girl." I pulled her cheeks. "You shouldn't cry, honey. School is good for you. I promise you will enjoy it as you grow older." I don't know where she got this attitude from. I always loved school and Liam was also a good student when he was a kid so why is she behaving this way?

"Mommy, I don't like school. I don't want to study. I want to work for daddy." She said. 

"Angel we will talk about who you will work for when you are an adult so for now just focus on your studies." I said and she nods her head acting sad. "I promise you will enjoy it." I kissed her.

"Okay, mommy. I will study at home." She kissed me. 

"Goodnight my love." I tucked her in. 

I switched the light off and left her room. I went to my bedroom and Simon was still laying on the bed, his eyes open.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he nod his head. "Simon, you haven't eaten anything since lunch. Are you sure you okay?"

"I'm fine." He replied.

"Simon you don't look fine to me."

"Stacey I said I am fine so just leave it." He snapped. "Sorry." He quickly got close to me. "Please stop asking me if I am fine."

"Simon I just want to know why you are so down. What happened to you?" I question.

"Liam is Angel's biological father and she loves him a lot. Stacey, what if she stops calling me father and decides to go live with Liam. I know you loved Liam a lot and you still care about him but I love you. I have been with you and Angel for the last six years. I don't want to lose Angel."

"You will never lose Angel." I assured him. "Is that all you are worried about?" It is so amazing that he loves my baby a lot. Liam who is her father doesn't even care.

"Well, I also heard a voice from my past at the supermarket." He answered. "But it's nothing important so forget about it."

"Simon you never talk about your family. Do you communicate with them?" I asked.

"You and Angel are my only family." He faked a smile. "Now let's sleep. I'm super tired." He never talks about his family. He always finds a way to change the subject whenever I ask about his family. I hope they are in contact because it is really unfair that he only looks after my family. I don't want him to forget his blood relatives.