Chapter 42.

Stacey's POV.

A few hours later, Lexie woke me up. We sat next to each other until we started talking about Liam and Calum went to get us food. 

"Liam was the best kid in the world, people just ruined him." Lexie said, tears visible in her eyes. "He was too good for this world so they created the evil side of him. That's what this world does, the government, the people, every single person is to be blamed for the person he became. Today he wouldn't be lying in this hospital, fighting for his life if our bad corrupt government didn't do what they did." 

"Can I ask you something?" I asked and she nod her head. "Do you think Liam is a bad person?"

"Liam has been through a lot Stacey." Lexie replied. "I don't agree with his attitude sometimes but that doesn't make him a bad person. You are acting as if you have seen Liam through his worse times." She shook her head. "You don't know how he was like as a kid before he became a teenager. Those were the times I thought Liam was bad." She continued. "Liam was a kid when he witnessed our parents and big brother murdered. He hid that night and after that, he decided to go to the police station, you know why?" She smirked. "He was just a kid and he thought the system wasn't corrupted so he ran to the police station to report the murder that took place. He thought they would help him but instead, they turned the story around, Liam was taken by the mayor, and he was tortured for days. The police claimed Liam ran away after killing his own family so everyone started searching for him. They even said there is a reward for anyone that finds him but during that time he was being tortured by the mayor and his men. If it wasn't for the two children of the mayor's men, Liam would've been murdered. He was untied by Jared, the mayor's friend's son who also gave him a gun to protect himself. The mayor gave orders that day, he wanted Liam shot in the head and throw his body in the sea so no one ever finds out the mayor was behind it but Liam changed the story. That day the real Liam died for me." She cried. "You didn't see him much he changed because when I met my little brother again, all he ever talked about is how much humans annoy him and how killing makes him happier, stronger. Liam was a psycho for me, and I wanted to leave him and stay away from him forever after he killed everyone that was close to me." She smiled. "I am glad I never left my little brother because, after his twelfth birthday, Calum and Rex moved to New York, they were in a gang together and they had a fight with their boss, so their boss send someone to kill Rex but Liam saved him, that was the first time Liam saved someone."

"How did Liam and Rex meet?" I asked.

"Our parents were best friends but then Rex and Calum's parents moved to Los Angeles and we lost contact. Before Liam became a teenager, Rex and Calum's mother, Aunt Madison decided they should move to New York to keep an eye on Liam since he needed a guardian."

"Do they still live here?" I asked and she just looked away. "Did they die?" 

"No!" She snapped, getting up. "I'll go check on Calum." She left in a hurry. Why is she hiding where Calum's parents are?

The doctor came out of the room so I got up.

"Doctor, how is he doing now?" I asked.

"The blood transfusion was a success." She smiled. "He is not awake yet but you can see him."

"Thank you." I said. 

I went inside Liam's room. Rex must've found a donor and brought her in when I fell asleep.

"Hey, Liam." I greeted him, praying he would just cuss or say something. "Still sleeping." I took a seat next to him. "You know they gather at the hospital as if you were on your death bed. Liam, I know you will make it. You will wake up soon." I ran my hand through his hair. "You pretend to be heartless, most of the time, but sometimes you are heartless, for real. I hate the fact that I still care about you even after everything. I tried my best to change you, thinking it would work for me. I thought you being a good guy would give me the happy family I dreamed about. I just, I just wanted a good father for my little girl but now that Angel loves you for who you are, I guess I was wrong to try and change you. I am sorry." I laid my head on his chest. "If you died today, Angel would've been so broken."