Chapter 25.

Liam's POV.

I destroyed my whole house. Calum is starting to annoy me but I can't kill him. He is part of the family and he has children. I can't and I won't kill him but I will teach him a lesson. 

Calum was right about me changing. I did change a lot. I have gone soft, I have become weak because of them. I wish I could go back to my old self, I wish I didn't do what I did six years ago. I regret everything I did from the moment we entered the Mayor's house. I regret what happened that night. I wish I never took the bullet for Angel and her daughter. I regret everything I did that night. I saved the wrong person but I can't do anything now. If only we all died together that night, I wouldn't be in this pain now. I wouldn't be thinking about saving a girl who was supposed to die six years ago. 

I hate this, I hate them. I don't even know what to do anymore. I hate you, Angel, I really wish you and your daughter died years ago.

My phone rang and I answered it.

"Having a meltdown when you just what?" I looked around until I spotted him on the balcony of the opposite house.  He could've just killed me now, but he is just like me. He never wants anyone to die so easily. "Twenty?" 

"I forgot you don't even know how to count Peter." I replied.

"I want to destroy you and make you kneel down to me. Liam, if you didn't betray me your daughter and lover wouldn't have been in danger today."

"I didn't betray you, Peter. I just took what's mine and you know I am right. I can never work for someone. I always take the lead because I am not a follower and if you think I will be like your puppets then you wrong. You don't know what I am capable of Peter."

"Liam, I really don't want to kill you. I like you because, despite the fact your daughter's life is in danger, you still act tough like you don't have a weakness."

"I guess you didn't do your homework." I laughed. "I might not kill children but that doesn't mean, that child is my weakness. She is just like other kids for me but do whatever you want. I am not scared of you Peter."

"We could've avoided all this. I called to give you one last chance to rectify your mistake. I am willing to forgive you for what you did if you come to work for me."

"Your memory isn't good no more Peter. You are getting old so stop repeating and stop begging me to work for me. I'll rather kill myself than being like your stupid brother."

"I was waiting for you to get to my brother. I knew you would've found out about Simon by now so congratulation Liam but I must add you have gone soft. I really thought you would go after Simon, threaten me, and then kill me and Simon but you chose not to go after my brother. Is Liam Salvatore finally afraid of killing?" I need to lower Peter's guide. 

"Well, I would've killed him if he was something to you but he is just a pawn in your game and I don't want to waste time killing him." 

"If you don't want to kill him then it's fine with me." He replied. "But I won't hesitate to kill your daughter Angel and your lover."

"Peter!" I giggled. "Stop going in circles, stop chasing a defenseless kid and her mother, fight me. I am your enemy."

"Liam Salvatore!" He said, excited. "Only God knows how much I love you." He laughed. "I never mentioned Stacey's name but you Liam, you just admitted she is your lover." 

"There's nothing to admit Peter, I love and care about no one. I just said leave the kid's mother because there's no other woman you ever threaten or love talking about." 

"To be honest Liam, I was talking about the new one in town. Stacey never crossed my mind when I said your lover but since you started talking about Stacey, I am assuming Stacey is your lover and the new one is a spy."