Chapter 54.

Liam's POV.

I picked the mayor up and put him on the chair he tied me on. I was about to tie him up when Rex came in. 

"The old man is dead?" Rex asked and I shook my head.

"No, but I'll make sure he dies tonight." I told him.

"He really had nine lives and he ran out now." Rex joked. "You don't seem like yourself, are you okay?"

"Do you remember the night when I could've killed the mayor?" I asked and he nod. "That night I couldn't do it for some reason but tonight, I feel like everything is different." 

"So this time, you will kill---." His eyes widened in shock and before I could turn to look he quickly pushed me, getting shot by Peter who regained consciousness. I quickly took the gun to the floor and started shooting at Peter before he could shoot me. I shot him several times ignoring Shadow's scream to stop it. 

"Don't die on me." I said to Rex. This feels like history is repeating itself again. I can't let Rex die. "Please don't die on me." I already failed Rhodes last time, I can't let Rex die because he took my bullet.

"Cry baby." Rex smiled. 

"You." I quickly unbuttoned his shirt. "Bulletproof vest?"

"What? You seriously didn't expect me to jump in front of a bullet without a bulletproof vest." Rex said as I helped him get up. "It still hurts though."

"I love you." I hugged him.

"I love you too." He broke our hug. "I am just happy we are all fine this time."

"I owe you my life." I told him.

"I am so sorry." Simon cried for Peter who was dead and I rolled my eyes. Why would anyone want to apologize to a murderer like Peter?

"Let him go, Simon." Shadow said. "He is dead so stop it." She shouted, pulling Simon from Peter's body. "He is dead." She repeated, comforting Simon. 

Stacey walked to us, looking at Rex's body, shocked. 

"What happened?" She asked, shaken. 

"Didn't I ask you to take my brother and the others to the hospital." Rex asked.

"You forgot to give me the key." She replied. 

"Rex go with them to the hospital in case something happens." I told him and he took his keys out and gave them to Stacey. 

"I'll meet you in the car, in a minute." Rex told Stacey so she went out with the keys. "Make sure you actually kill him this time."

"Sure." I said and Rex left the room. "Shadow take Peter's body and Simon out of this building." She got up and helped Simon up. 

"I needed answers." Shadow mumbled as she started to drag Peter's body. "And now, I'll never get them." She cried as Simon just left the room in a bad state and Shadow dragged Peter's body out of the house. 

"Finally." I tied the Mayor tightly before going to the kitchen to look for gasoline. I found it in one of the cupboards and went back to the Mayor. I won't let him live this time. "Wake up." I hit him. 

"What th---." He tried to break free but he couldn't. "My shoulder hurts." He mumbled. 

"Good." I replied as I started pouring the gasoline on him. "One last shower." I smiled at him as I continued throwing gasoline everywhere.

"I know you don't want to do this." The Mayor said. "So stop trying to irritate me and get me help."

"I know I will never get answers from you so keeping you alive just means danger." I told him. "I would start praying if I was you."