Chapter 24.

Liam's POV.

I have been trying to find out more about Peter's family but every time I am close to finding out something, Peter ruins my plans. He thinks he is smarter than me just because he doesn't have anyone I can target except him. 

"Liam, can I talk to you?" Shadow said, coming down with a suitcase. 

"You going somewhere?" I asked and she nods her head. "Shadow now isn't the time to go on a holiday. Your life is in danger, anyone can target you any moment so go back to your room." She never liked leaving the house so why did she suddenly decide to leave today?

"I am not a kid that follows your orders, Liam." She said. "And I am not going on a holiday so can we talk please."

"What do you want?" I asked.

"We both so busy lately and Angel's life is in danger, Stacey too so I decided to move out." 

"What?" I snapped.

"Liam, I canceled the wedding." She said, tears visible in her eyes. "I know I love you and everything but now isn't a time to get married that is why I decided to call it off."

"Why didn't you talk to me before canceling the wedding?" I asked.

"I tried to talk to you but---." She faked a smile. "Forget about it, Liam. You need to focus on Angel so please be a good father. I promise to visit whenever I can and to call you whenever I am scared. I will never forget what you did for me. You will always be my hero despite the fact you an absent father to your only child."

"Shadow you can't just leave because you are scared of Peter." I said.

"I'm not scared of Peter." A tear dropped from her eye. "Listen, I don't want anything to go wrong and I don't want to be a burden on anyone. So please stop trying to make me stay here when I already made up my mind." She hugged me. "I will always love you, Liam." She smiled. "When this is all over please smile more because you look more handsome when you smile."

"Are you sure you want to leave? Shade, you are safe here." She rolled her eyes.

"You just ignored what I said." She shook her head. "A car is waiting for me outside, bye." I walked her out.

Shadow did a good thing leaving this place. If only Angel was as smart as Shadow then I wouldn't have to be this patient with Peter.

An hour later, Calum and Lexie came to my house. I know Calum and Lexie have been around Angel for years but they didn't become like her.

"Liam, did you find out more about Peter?" Lexie asked, sitting on the couch.

"Yeah." I replied.

"What did you find out? Is it helpful?" Calum asked.

- Flashback -

I sneaked into Peter's house after he left to go to the streetfighting match. I knew it was easy to fool him. I can't believe he thinks I would let Shadow fight in that streetfighting match. He will be so surprised when he finds out his man gave him false news.

I went into his room and started searching everywhere. It won't be long until one of his men does a checkup on this room. I need to hurry up. 

I saw a frame on his table and picked it up. My heart skipped a beat the second I realized it was Angel's boyfriend. I knew I didn't trust that boyfriend of hers. He was always ready to involve himself in everything that Angel did. He even faked tears when Angel's baby was in the hospital. I must say he is really an amazing actor. He almost fooled me but I am glad I didn't fool for his words. I always knew he was after something.