'Hit the fuck outta it' (I'm trademarking this)

Chapter 14
< 3 days until the Wedding >

Nicky lowered her right leg before lifting her left in order to rest her foot against her right knee. Her foot shook softly as the sea breeze blew against her.

"You don't have to stay here, you know." Codi whispered, the brunette's arms were wrapped around her legs as her gaze stayed focused on the water. Nicky simply hummed at the younger girl.

"I know. I want to."

"Why?"

"...'Cause." The blonde shrugged, her foot still lightly tapping the air to an imaginary beat. Codi's eyes finally moving from the water to look at Nicky's profile.

The small bits of sunshine that poked out of the cloudy skies, highlighted Nicky's jawline along with the slightly raised dent on her otherwise straight nose. Pine-green eyes slowly started to become a bright emerald as a bit more sun peeked out.

"Why?" Codi repeated.

"...'cause. I know what it feels like to go through some shit. Being an orphan sucks. Takes a toll on you, you know. And I had days where I just hated everything, myself included."

"So I know that having someone just sit next to you while you're going through the works, helps."

"How do you know it helps?"

"Cause Kai would do it for me." She answered with a calm grin.

"...Kai's your Win."

"Pretty much." Nicky agreed as she got off the bench and turned to face Codi. She pulled her hand out of her utility jacket and gestured for the brunette to take it.

"Where we going?" Codi questioned as she took the offered hand and let Nicky pull her off the bench. The taller of the two began leading them deeper into the amusement park.

"I saw a High Striker around here. We're gonna play it until you can't lift that hammer anymore."

"W-Why?"

"Cause there ain't a gym or punching bag around. I mean Lucas or Nel would make a decent bag but I don't feel like getting arrested today." Nicky spoke as they finally got to the High striker. The operator grinned at the two of them and leaned against the game's hammer.

"Ah, how're you lovely birds doing this fine day?"

"Pretty decent, fella. How much a game?"

"2 quid a round! And if ya manage to hit that lovely bell, you win our grand prize!" He explained and pointed to the small wall that had dozens of stuffed animals ziptied against it. Nicky and Codi instantly took notice of the giant royal white tiger that was resting at the top of the wall.

It even had a little gold crown on top of its head.

"Wanna try for it, tiger?"

"We're gonna lose alotta quid with how 'strong' I am."

"Take it outta my pay then. Now, come on." Nicky stated bluntly as she offered the game operator a £5 bill and received the hammer in return. Codi blinked at the casual answer before letting out a soft noise when Nicky dropped the hammer into her hands.

"Now, go on Tiger. Hit the fuck outta it."

"...I'm naming him, Carmine." Codi spoke as she turned to the game, Nicky giving her a happy grin as she lifted the hammer over her head.

"Fuck yeah you are."
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have I mentioned that I fucking love tigers?

Cause I do.

-Lycan