Bakayarou and Woo-girl

Chapter 41

"My, my~. What a lovely spread." Kai hummed as she entered Codi's kitchen. Win looked up from where she was setting up ingredients on the counter, giving a calm grin as she placed the ketchup bottle down on the marble countertop.

"Kai~. I believe you promised me Omurice."

"I did. I did." Kai agreed as she stepped deeper into the kitchen, stopping a foot away from Win. The blonde stood about two inches above the Brit, Win not needing to tilt her head as far back as Codi would with Nicky. Kai moved to take another step closer when she felt something press against her stomach and made her look down, a small tray of shiitake mushrooms staring back at her.

"Shiitake?"

"I love mushrooms. Bonus points if you use them." Win gave as an answer, Kai letting out a chuckle as she grabbed hold of the tray.

"Alright, Winnie-chan. Prepare to be amazed."

"Oh I'm prepared alright." Win hummed as she moved around to sit on the other side of the island.

Kai placed the mushrooms down next to the bag of pre-cooked fried rice before rolling her sleeves up to her elbows. Win settled her chin in her hand as she ran her gaze over the blonde's forearms, a content hum leaving her.

Nicky was always a wonderous sight to see but Win believed Kai was a far better one.

Far better indeed.

< >

"Ow." Kenzie grumbled as Jacob stuck the needle into her upper thigh, her boxers pulled slightly down to let her oldest brother see where he was supposed to inject the leuprolide at. Jacob pressed down on the plunger, the drug quickly being injected before he pulled the needle out and tossed it into the bin.

"You're gonna have to get used to needles, Kenz."

"I know. Doesn't mean I have to enjoy it though..." Kenz mumbled as she pulled the waistband to be back around her waist and lightly rubbed at her thigh. Jacob gave a low grunt as he picked himself up off the bathroom floor and moved to wash his hands, Kenzie tying up her sleep-pants drawstrings.

"Say, how's being a Butler?"

"Fine. That old bastard is breathing down our necks too much."

"I mean...You did try to rob his boss. Well, your boss now too."

"I get it. Just a bit irritating. The job ain't bad, Codi ain't either it's just..." Jacob stopped, his hands coated in soap suds. Kenzie looked up at Jacob, his stature of a staggering 6'4 making her still have to crane her head back despite having her growth spurt and now being 5'8.

"I don't get it. I mean, what the hell was that chick thinking when she hired Seth and I? It doesn't make sense to me."

"Why don't you get it?" Kenzie asked.

"Because, Kenz. People don't just hire criminals. So, what the hell was going through that chick's mind to hire us? We got caught robbing her. We got caught. And what does she do? Let's us go with barely a slap on the wrist. Let's us go with a fuckin' job."

He finished, his large chest noticeably rising and falling before he sighed and turned the water on to rinse his hands.

"Ask her then."

Jacob looked to his baby sister as he turned off the water.

Even when she had been a toddler and was called 'Kenneth', her features were always soft. She didn't inherit their father's sharp features like Jacob had or even their mother's eyes like Seth had. Jacob was secretly grateful for that.

Their mother was not a good one by a mile, hell by a thousand miles. It made it hard for the eldest Underwood to look his little brother in the eye sometimes. How could he when looking into Seth's amber eyes would only remind him of that shitty woman.

If Kenzie looked like anyone, it was their paternal grandmother. Even the way only her left brow would arch when confused, was identical to how their grandmother's would.

"Alright. I'll ask her." He finally spoke up once more as he dried his hands with a little towel. He drapped it over the sink's rim and moved back to stand in front of Kenzie. His baby sister's eyes followed him as he lowered himself back to his knees.

"You got lucky, you know. Having this baby face. Gonna have to fight off all the boys and girls when you start dating." He joked lightly as his large hands raised in order to pinch each of Kenzie's cheeks and gently moved her face about.

"Jacob! Come on, I'm fourteen! Knock it off!!"

"We annoying Kenzie?!" Seth's voice was heard from their small apartment's kitchen.

"Yes."

"Alright!" Seth whooped before his heavy footsteps were heard getting closer.

"Ughhhhhhh!!!"

< >

"Good?"

"I have to say I'm impressed. Quite delicious." Win complimented, a small grin on her face when Kai gave her a smile. Her pearl white teeth showing.

"Good. My mother would never let me live it down if I fucked up Omurice of all things."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. She was a chef back in Nihon." Win's brow furrowed slightly at the strange word.

"Sorry. Japan. The Japanese call their country, Nihon."

"Huh, I never knew that."

"Learn something new everyday, huh?" Kai joked and received a soft laugh in return.

"Yes, seems like we do."

"I have to say, Kai, I do enjoy hanging out with you."

"And I you."

"I'm pleased to hear that." Win spoke, her voice was soft with it almost being a whisper. Kai looked towards Win, the Brit's own gaze on her empty plate, before gently nudging the woman's shoulder with her own.

"You ever heard of Taiyaki?" She asked and received a questioning gaze in return.

"Taiyaki?"

"Come on." Kai slipped off her stool, pulling her long-sleeve down a bit at the waist. She headed towards the kitchen's door and looking back towards Win.

"But it's cold out." Win pouted as she leaned dramatically over the island counter, her arm stretched out with her hand hanging over the other side's edge. Kai released a playful sigh before walking back towards the white-haired woman and tapped a finger against her forehead.

"Come on, drama queen. I'll even carry ya if you want."

"Well with an offer like that, who can refuse?" Win chuckled as she lifted her upper body back up. Kai shook her head good-heartedly before getting closer to the Brit and placing an arm around her upper back, her other arm going under her legs before the blonde lifted her up with a quiet 'hmph'.

"Oh!" Win yelped out before it turned into a laugh as she wrapped an arm around Kai's neck. Kai's lips quirked up into a grin as she headed out of the kitchen, a soft noise of surprise leaving her when she felt the tip of Win's nose nudge lightly against her jaw.

"A girl can get used to this."

"Don't get comfy, Shiro-chan. You're carrying me back."

Win's response was a joyous laugh as Kai kept carrying her towards the mansion's entrance.