Fuck the simmer, turn that Dial up to High!

Chapter 32

"It's blue, right?"

"Bluer than the sky! Say, weren't you supposed to be leaving tomorrow?" Kai questioned as she watched her father apply a generous amount of wax atop of the old-school Cadillac's hood.

"No, idiot. We leave today, arrive tomorrow. Time zones, remember?"

"Rrrighhhtt. Right." Kai hummed as she lifted her feet in order to rest it against the car's dashboard. Daisuke gave his eldest daughter a half-hearted glare only to receive a raspberry in return.

"Put me on speaker."

"You're loud and static-y, Suke-chan!" Kai chuckled as she rested her phone beside her elevated feet, Daisuke stilling in his waxing in order to stand beside the Cadillac's passenger side and leaned against the door.

"Jiji."

"Suke-chan. Genki desu ka?"

"I'm fine. Just making sure Kai actually told you about the deal I have for that Cadillac you fixed up."

"She did, She did. Though are you serious about that offer?"

"Yup. 90k for that relic. That's 90k in American dollars by the way, Jiji."

"Kuso. I knew Americans liked their cars but to spend so much for an old one...Boy, am I glad I let your okasan talk me into moving here!" Daisuke laughed as he laid the waxed-up towel over his shoulder, Kai resting her hands behind her head as she relaxed into the white leather seat.

"The lack of conformity is pretty good too." Kai grinned as she closed her eyes. Daisuke looked at his eldest daughter's hair, it's bright yellow making him lightly shake his head.

"Still wished you just kept your hair kuro, Kai. Had nearly given your okasan a heartattack when you bleached it the first time."

"Hey! At least, I didn't dye it pink!"

"Only cause it would've made you look stupid."

"Hey! I coulda pulled it off!"

"Sure and I don't have abandonment issues." Nicky snorted over the phone, Daisuke shaking his head at his daughters bickering. He moved off the door and moved back to the front of the car, grabbing the jar of car wax resting on a tool table beside the cadillac and scooped up a copious amount with his index and middle finger.

Kai grumbled for a couple of moments before taking the phone off speaker and placing it back against her ear.

"Fine, I would've looked stupid with pink hair. Now, blue hair though..."

"Would've made you look even stupider."

"Stupider ain't a word." Kai spoke, a hand calmly running through her hair.

"...Are you-Christ, Kai. Codi, get over here."

The eldest Kawakami daughter listened as the phone on the other end was jostled around a bit before she heard several other voices alongside her sister's.

"What is it, Nicky?"

"Will you tell my absolute fool of a sister that stupider is an actual word?" Kai heard Nicky all but groan at the British woman, the phone being jostled a bit more before a soft voice rang through the blonde's ear.

"Hello?"

"Well, Well, Well. If it ain't Tiger! My sister's been treating you well, I hope."

"Hello, Kai. And Yes, the perfect gentlewoman."

"Good!"

"Now, what's this about a word?"

"Oh, don't worry about that! I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer but I ain't that stupid. I know stupider's a word, an adjective to be exact."

"Then-"

"I just enjoy making Nicky all irritated and shit. She's always so blah, that when it does work it makes it that much more fun!"

"Ah. Well, I'm not sure if you know-" Codi hummed, her voice lowering a bit and making Kai straighten up in her seat.

"But she really hates when you speak jap-!" Codi's voice had cut off with an soft laugh as Nicky had wrestled the phone away from her and had promptly hung up.

The blonde pulled her phone away from her ear, looking at Nicky's contact picture flipping her off before the screen went black.

"You and I are gonna get along real~ good, Tora-chan."
< >
"The last thing I need is you and my sister getting along." Nicky grumbled as she stuffed her phone back into her pocket, Codi smiling at her as she lightly poked the blonde's chest.

"I didn't think you to be possessive, Sukay-chan." Codi chuckled, Nicky drawing her eyes away from finding a spot for them and Win to wait for their flight to the brunette. She straightened her back and turned to face the shorter woman.

Her pulse quickened slightly as she wrapped her hands around Codi's hips and pulling the brunette against her with a soft gasp. Codi's own hands wrapped around Nicky's forearms as the blonde dipped her head in order to rest their foreheads together.

"I'm very possessive, Campbell." Nicky murmured as hazel locked with darkened green. The Hazel also began to darken, slowly turning to gold.

The blonde gently ran the tip of her nose against Codi's temple, a shiver making the brunette's entire body shake. Her calm grin managing to hide the fast thumping of her heart as she pulled back a bit.

"I am American, after all."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Japanese: Jiji
English: Old man/grandpa
-
Japanese: Genki Desu ka
English: how are you?
-
Japanese: Kuso
English: Damn
-
Japanese: Okasan
English: mother
-
Japanese: Kuro
English: Black
-
Japanese: Tora
English: Tiger