War! What is it good for~?

Chapter 51

"Mum, Dad? What're you-" Nel questioned after spotting her parents around the security check, Parks waving at them from behind her. Zen piggy-backing on her big brother.

"Parks and Zen need their passports. Here you are, darlings." Veronica answered as she dug into Derek's coat pocket and pulled out said passports before handing them to Parks.

Nel's brow furrowing even deeper as she watched her little brother take them with a quick 'thanks'.

"Do keep an eye on your little sister in America. I don't want to find out she committed Arson. Again." Veronica warned as she looked to Zen with a firm gaze. Zen sticking her tongue out at her mother.

"You three be safe. And Nellie." Derek spoke up this time, moving to rest a hand on his eldest child's shoulder. He patted it softly as he gave Nel a calm grin.

"I'm glad you're taking responsibility for your actions. But don't expect anything, alright?"

"...I know, pop." Nel murmured as she lowered her gaze, Derek giving her one more pat before moving to Parks and Zen. Veronica taking his place in front of Nel.

"Nellie, I'm not proud of this whole hullabaloo you got yourself into." Veronica scolded softly, Nel's head bowing a bit lower. The elder brunette's hand moving to lightly grip her daughter's chin and gently tilted her head back up.

"But I'm glad you understand that you were wrong and that you're trying to right it. I wish you luck."

"...Thanks, mum." Nel gave a weak grin and recieved a soft one in return before she moved to kiss her son and youngest daughter's cheek.

"You two be safe. And no funny business, Zen." Veronica warned once more, Zen's lips turning into a scowl before she huffed.

"I'll behave."

"Bring us a snow globe or two." Derek joked lightly as he and Veronica moved to head out the airport, Parks giving them a wave.

Nel waited until their parents walked through the sliding doors to turn to her siblings, Parks lowering Zen onto her feet.

"You two are not coming."

"Yes we are~." Parks sung as he stuffed the passports into his coat's inner pocket. Nel crossed her arms as she shook her head.

"No, you're not!"

"Yes we are, Nellie." Zen spoke this time.

"Oh? And how are you so sure that I'll agree?" Nel all but growled.

"Other than that we already bought the tickets, I happen to have Codi's address." Zen countered swiftly, her lips turning into a grin when Nel's eye twitched.

"You don't have her address. But I do. And I'm not giving it to you until we land." Zen finished, Nel's eye twitching a bit more violently before she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"How did you even get it!?"

"I asked her grandmother. Said I wanted to send Codi letters. Pretty easy actually." Zen explained before heading to the ticket counter, Parks and Nel watching her walk away.

"...Remind me to never get on her bad side."

"She's twelve, Parks."

"Never underestimate a pre-teen, Nel. All that puberty and hormones make them cuckoo for cocoa puffs." He warned, his tone completely serious, as he followed after the youngest Roberts.

Nel looked to her two siblings before letting out a sigh and headed after them.

Despite her ire, she was secretly glad to have them come.